Fri 11th night in the Seaway

Do$tylz

Hey all,

I ended up down at the Goldie with a mate of mine who doesn't fish :S so he ended up watching me for around 45mins while we waited for 2 of my other mates to get in from Cooloongatta Airport.

Went fishing between the fish and chip place and Palazzo Versace coz I figured we'd just wait around there for our other mates, and in my mind there should have been some fish sitting around those trawlers.

Second cast of my sx48 in some sort of red and black combo, I was onto a nice pike. Nice acrobatics and barra-wannabe lunges, I brought her in for a picture. Unhooked her and let her swim again, to see that my lure had some good size teeth marks in it. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/11042008626_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598453669_thumb.jpg

Had a few more casts in that area for nothing so went for a walk along the Versace boardwalk behind the resort. Had a few more casts there and 15 minutes later, right at my feet I get hit by a nice feeling fish. Should have seen my grin... It was massive coz I knew it was a decent fish. Had fun for around 2 minutes keeping it away from the pilons under me. A few splashes later I pulled this baby up.. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/11042008627_AFO.jpg

post-873-144598453673_thumb.jpg

I actually have no idea what this is... I'm guessing a trev of some sort but he was a little fatty. Sent him back in the drink to fight another day.

Went for a walk around the corner a little later in the night for the bream spot, but only had 1 hit. Couldn't tempt them with any coloured sx40 or a smal 2inch paddletail storm plastic. And they wouldn't hit my mates prawns either...:S :huh: I think I'll have to come back with hot chips on a hook next time.

Anyway a good night to start a good weekend that I had. Think I'll have to swing that way again sometime...

Cheers

Nice fish mate.

Sorry I couldn't get out there to have a fish mate.

The mrs got called into work and had to hang around runaway bay for a while until she knocked off for the night. Only managed one flatty at 47cm and that was it. Wish I could have got out there and got a trev too. Pitty about the bream but next time you should be right armed with some chips.:)

• 2 weeks later...

hey that was very not bad for a short night session mate :) i love fishing around that area there's always fish there ive caught big breams flatties and even a stingray on plastic! but ive never fished near the vessace hotel i thought it wasnt allowed to fish

Archived