An Evening hunt at Newstead Park 14/4/08

Mick

Kev, Myself and possibly, Dan and angolee will be heading down to Newstead Park This Wed Evening for to through HB and SP's around..

Tide is high at 7:52pm

I will be there about 5:30 on the Jetty to start, then swap to throwing lures...

lol, i've lost 4 lucky crafts during last 2 months and i rarely used them due to their size. but i paid only 9-10aud for them so that's cheaper than 1/2 sx48.

BTW i was swiming my real lucky craft bevy shad last time not a hit and changed to dan's 4 dollar k-mart lukky craft( copy) and got a nice flattie straight away. so if u don't wanna pay 26-32 and catch more fish, get some good copies. lol

I got 2 Bream one 24cm one a bit smaller.

The first was my first Bream on a HB lure it was an SX40.. :)

The second was on a 3" Gulp minnow in New Penny fished on a 1/20th Jig head.

I dropped another when I picked it up to bring up the rock wall, I think it was actually only holding the Gulp and was never hooked, just didnt want to let go...

Dan23 got a nice 31cm bream , had a big chunk out of its back, an old wound that had healed looked weird.

Now Kev... he got :unsure: .......:blink: ummm well NOTHING :S .... we all can have a bad day...

A few other guys showed up too Jeryl, Adri4n, another Dan..

I think the run up tide would be a better time there most of the guys arrive at or just after the High...

AngGoLee wrote:

did u guys notice that the water in the river was quite dirty on the run out yesterday night? i was fishing near toowong and i only managed two breamos.. nothing seems to work last night:(

Yeah, i figured it was always like that. At least everyone had a slow night

Archived