Fish or eel?

tacklebox

mongrel things... don't ever bring one on your boat!!! nasty set of fangs on the bastards and they are as strong as, slimy as and smelly as. i think jeff f can explain how best to deal with them if bought aboard. :laugh: ;)

and as to what is not shark bait? anything undersized... :P

benno <'>-<

Pike Eel

I had one of these hanging off a gang hook over the side of a house boat in the Noosa River a few years back when it managed to turn itself come up the line and have a go at my mate standing next to me. It left teeth marks in the colar of his shirt. Nasty little beast.

benno573 wrote:

mongrel things... don't ever bring one on your boat!!! nasty set of fangs on the bastards and they are as strong as, slimy as and smelly as. i think jeff f can explain how best to deal with them if bought aboard. :laugh: ;)

benno <'>-<

yeah there mongrel things...but using any undersized fish as shark bait is illegal..the bait must be of size if they have a limit...

uglyfish wrote:

benno573 wrote:

benno <'>-<

yeah there mongrel things...but using any undersized fish as shark bait is illegal..the bait must be of size if they have a limit...

hence they are NOT shark bait...

A so called mate of mine brought one in the boat one night...it was calm as when in the water but as soon as it hit the deck the bastard was like a tiger snake!! :laugh:

Lashing out in all directions...I quickly jumped up the front of the boat and left him and his mate to play with it!! :laugh:

The other bloke jumped up on the back seat and this thing took a liking to his leg..launched itself up about half a meter and lunged at his leg..sunk it's teeth in and snapped its fangs off ...blood everywhere !!! :ohmy: :laugh:

Good thing he was half tanked on bundy!! don't think he felt it that much !! :lol: :lol:

The bloke who caught it wanted to keep it to take home and smoke it!! :blink: :blink:

Took him another ten minutes to catch the bloody thing and stick it in the live tank!!

Next time i'm cutting the bloody line!! :angry: :angry:

It was 1.35M long!!:blink:

Last time I take him fishing!! :blink: :blink: :laugh:

Archived