I Feel Better Now

waldo

What doesn't fishing cure? or at least temporarily relieve. :laugh:

As hinted at in my last report a trip to the bay was organised and for once I was taking a deckie, and one who hadn't fished for 8 months and 10 odd years before that. Before his extended hiatus from fishing he was a mad keen tailor fisherman so that narrowed the options and I was happy to let the boat traffic decide where we finally pulled up. Spots X Z Y R and M were already taken so after seeing some surface activity stopped at spot H. No interest here but a few 100m away was a reliable big tide spot L and the descision was made to anchor up here for the evening.

The burley had a little tarwhine coming in first up supported by an assortment of bait stealing tiny fish and another ballistic grinner. I can't remember if I mentioned this beofre but a few trips ago I was fast retrieving a pilly when what I thought was a big pike came straight up into the air out of the water after the bait and caught it to find it was a big grinner. This next one did the same and was easy to ID in the air. :woohoo:

Dusk never fired but as night kicked in the first tailor hit the deckies line quickly follwed by a second and big cheshire grin. Yup he was happy. Things never really fired up at any stage with one or two fish coming aboard followed by a quiet period then another 1 or 2 with a few double hookups meaning I had either a catty or grinner and he had a tailor or bream. I was being outfished but I was happy :laugh: with the lurgy easily ignored for the night apart from the odd cough.

Now as any GOOD deckie knows you are not supposed to outfish the skipper especially after you haven't fished for so long that he has to show you how to put a pilly on straight so it doesn't spin. So with the final tally of me 4 tailor (and 4 grinners/future burley) to the deckies 6 tailor and 3 bream boat rules were invoked and 2 tailor confiscated to bring my numbers up to feed the planned 7 diners tonight. :P nyuk nyuk nyuk :laugh:

Archived