Ayr North Queensland Trip

ryno1983

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSCF5654_AFO.jpg Hey Guys,

Went up to Ayr in north queensland last week. My family have a beach hut right on the water in the middle of no where up there.

Was targeting a few barra, but the water temp was down and they werent very active. Got one in the drag net though wet 10cm.

The catch for 4 days work:

5kg prawns

40 crabs (tie ups)

6 cod, biggest in the photo 60cm, others went 40-50 all caught on black and gold squigges

1 bream 50cm on a gulp mango ripple

2 jacks biggest 50cm other one 45cm on black gold squiggie and other on live mullet

1 flat head (on a popper of all things was targeting barra and a flat head hit the popper just before i pulled it up and over the rocks. Must have just been sitting right up on the rock face.

1 shovel nose 1.5m on live prawn

Beides wanting a few barra, i had a offshore trip planned with my cousins husbane. He hardly ever misses when he goes out catching redies, finger marks and massive cod. The majority of these fish are always quality, so i was pumped as. Was to windy to head out so fished in close and only managed 1 stingray and 1 golden catfish 1m, both on live squid. The golden catfish fought so hard!

Could ony post 2 pics how can u post more?

post-1764-144598457313_thumb.jpg

I measured the jack that went 50cm. Then only had a filleted bream frame without a head to measure since the old man got to it before i did with the tape. So comparing it to the jack frame it was definitely close to 50cm.

Nasty mind its a place call woongunga (no idea on the spelling, 1h south of ayr heading to bowen)

Archived