North Pine River - Deep Water Bend - 15th May 2008

mangler

Finished work a bit earlier than expected today, so rang up a mate to go fishing, we decided to give Deep Water Bend a go seeing as neither of us had been there before, and didn't want to head too far away as we had to be back by 6.

Within a few minutes I pulled in a Fingermark Perch, a first for me, small but still a first. After that we pulled in plenty of Bream from about 17cm to 25cm, and my mate pulled in what looked to be an eel tailed catfish, but I've only ever seen these in freshwater??? All of these were pulled in on prawns.

Also while I was off grabbing some gear from the ute, my line with a whole ganged pilly on it went for a half decent run apparently, so my mate went to grab it and pull it in, but wasn't sure in the operation of an Alvey reel and ended up losing the mystery fish and snagging and snapping my line. By the way he described what happened I guessed flatty, however I have been wrong before.

Wasn't the most eventful afternoon, however was a great way to spend a few hours this arvo.

Cheers,

Matt

Fingermark

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/DSC03656_AFO.jpg

post-2878-144598458019_thumb.jpg

So there you go, a moses perch hey, well I can tick that one off my list now. It certainly didn't part the waters like moses and walk straight on in, it put up a great fight for it's size.

It insisted on showing me it's teeth once out of the water so I told him they were very nice and to brush daily and floss after meals and released him after a quick happy snap.

Interesting you say that Kev, my mate called it for a jack when we seen how it was fighting and first got a glimpse of it.

Cheers,

Matt

mangler wrote:

So there you go, a moses perch hey, well I can tick that one off my list now. It certainly didn't part the waters like moses and walk straight on in, it put up a great fight for it's size.

It insisted on showing me it's teeth once out of the water so I told him they were very nice and to brush daily and floss after meals and released him after a quick happy snap.

Interesting you say that Kev, my mate called it for a jack when we seen how it was fighting and first got a glimpse of it.

Cheers,

Matt

Matt,

It was a sort of a "soft to the touch" fish, wasn't it?:)

EMP

Archived