Cabbage tree point 9/7/08

Mack_attack

Well mozza and myself decided to go for a yak at cabbage tree point yesterday to try a few new places. The plan was to beat the wind and catch the sun rising for our best chance. We woke up at 3:30a.m. :huh: :S after 3hrs sleep for myself and only 45min for fraser and got to the boat ramp at 4:40a.m. :angry: We paddled around under the stars for an hour and a bit before the sun finally decided to come up.

Honestly it was one of the coldest experiences i have ever felt. I lost a good sized flatty because my hands were completely numb (almost lost the rod too) and the pain in our toes can only be described as have a nail put into each one. now i've finished whinging :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: we did manage to get a few things once the sun came up as the tally below shows:

Me:

-43cm flatty

-35cm squire

-23cm whiting

-few little bream

Fraser:

-48.5cm flatty

-big pike (didn't measure)

-20cm bream

-3 very small bream

At about 1:00pm we decided the wind had picked up too much and paddled back to the boat ramp in about 20kt winds with frequent gusts that pushed you backwards.:blink:

Even though we had no sleep, was frikin cold and didn't catch much it was a nice day on the water and we found some great snaggy creeks that i'm sure would hold some jacks on a higher tide.

all fish released pics to come. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/PICT0006_AFO-bbc57776813d2dc4e4c524c1fbd92f00.jpg

post-360-144598464285_thumb.jpg

Pinkey: same plastic as usual 3" powerbait minnow pumkinseed with a 1/0 1/16th jighead. No real structure just a good drop off about 3.5m ,with a bit of a rubbly bottom

Ellicat: hahaha i wish:P, a big jewie could have done that job nicely. As for uggies i recon 4layers of footy socks will do next time :silly:

yeah it was so incredibly cold i could have sworn that it was colder at 6:00 in the morning then it was at 3:30 ... And the paddle back was horrible i dont think i have ever been that tired ... i think i am going to have to save up for a salt water electric motor so that i dont have to paddle in those sort of conditions

Mozza wrote:

yeah it was so incredibly cold i could have sworn that it was colder at 6:00 in the morning then it was at 3:30 ... And the paddle back was horrible i dont think i have ever been that tired ... i think i am going to have to save up for a salt water electric motor so that i dont have to paddle in those sort of conditions

they are $235 from memory shortened and suited to the kayak.

Archived