daiwa tierra

MichaelJ

i absolutely highly doubt u would ever use/get 7kg of drag from a 3000 tierra(if thats what your planning on using). not only would the reel begin to turn to shit at those pressures you would need massive LB line to hold the pressure,knots would def break and hooks would straighten etc..if your planning on running 7kg drag i would team the reel up with a broom handle to balance it up.

7kg of drag would amost pul you over board too(seriously!!)i was running 5.5kg drag on my O/H saltist at frazer islandand i had to lock my knee's into the side of the boat and the rod was nearly snapping. but when there's sharks around at frazer there's only one way to get fish up

but back to the topic a 3000 tierra with the about a 4-7kg rod would tame almost all bigger bay fish.

id prob be using 2.5-3.5kg drag with it

ill be using the rod for in the bay but when im offshore if were in around 40-60m of water then id use it then too for some fun but if i get bricked to much out comes my torsa and 15kg rod and 5kg drag or so haha

saltshaker i know the feeling of needing to lock your knees in

saltshaker wrote:

was breaking knots and braid with 40LB castaway running 5.5kh...i think i needed anchor rope

that shouldnt be happening, unless your leader is like 15-20lb,

bimini twist to improved albright should break nearly at 100%

im running 6lb sufix on the 2000

and 20lb on the 3000

edit: they are both new model 2008 shimano biomasters from japan

fishyman wrote:

saltshaker wrote:
was breaking knots and braid with 40LB castaway running 5.5kh...i think i needed anchor rope

that shouldnt be happening, unless your leader is like 15-20lb,

bimini twist to improved albright should break nearly at 100%

im running 6lb sufix on the 2000

and 20lb on the 3000

edit: they are both new model 2008 shimano biomasters from japan

we tried all different knots...sometimes they just wont hold..might have been leader material.it was jinkai.15lb will break way before 5.5kg in my experience

i'd love to see 6lb last on 4kg drag.SSSSSSSSSSssssnnnnnnnnaaaaaaaaappppppp

I would go with the exceller over the tierra. They seem to have less play in the handles and the drag is great. My mate bought a tierra and had to replace 2 of the bearings a week after buying it. I have a 1500 exceller and have pulled in some stonker bream and some rat king down south no troubles.

Archived