AFO Kayakers Meet & Greet: 17th August

Angus

Hey everyone.

Sorry I messed up the date with this i meant the 17th (the following Sunday to the previous). The reason for this is the Pine River Clean Up is on the 10th.

I deleted the previous as it would have caused a lot of confusion having both. Sorry to those that posted in the previous thread.

So same plans as earlier.

Meet: Jacobs well boat ramp at 6:00am.

Plan: Fish for flathead around Jacobs well and the Pin and try to find a suitable location both boaters and yakkers can meet up for the Pin Flatty hunt.

The primary idea in to meet up with other BFo kayakers and welcome new yakker to the ranks. On that note if anyone has a spare kayak someone could borrow that would be awesome. DannyH has my spare profish.

Cheers.

Angus

bootyinblue wrote:

Officially.... I wont be there as I have to work ;-)

I'll remember if booty is chasing me, just jump the fence !! :P

Bad luck mate, are you sure "official business" can't find its way down at the meet n greet location?

Edit: just read your post properly. nvm me

ellicat wrote:

Schultzy wrote:
Bugger!

Just checked my calendar. National trade tackle show on that weekend.

Will be spending two days walking around looking at all the tackle and lures that will be coming in 2009.

Admit it Schultzy - you'll be in seventh heaven:P

:blush: I spent three days there last year and still hadn't had enough.

The trade show is actually one of the more enjoyable social events of my year.

I get to catch up with old mates from all around Aust. Many of whom I don't see often enough. Really nice people like Jack Erskine, Bryan Pratt, Neil & Ben Patrick, John Szymanski, Bushy, Stewart MacPherson, Bill Classon & so many others.

• 2 weeks later...

When I had my yak down there a couple of weeks ago it was an incoming tide and I floated most of the way there flicking lures into the sandbank area in the middle the whole way down.

A consistent 4 or 5 mins paddle at the most wil get you there. [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Jacobs_Well_AFO.jpg

post-1481-144598468707_thumb.jpg

Just Saturday night staying up to late and having fun but this sat night I'm going to the Lions game. Anyway I'll see you early birds out there somewhere. Terry maybee you could PM me your mobile and I'll give you a ring when I'm on the water. I'll be there about 6 or 7

TerryH wrote:

I need to restock on that r2s baby crank lol

and 10 and 15lbs leader

Oooops forgot about this - better pop out today toget some :)

Good thing this is down south, I get to sleep in a bit longer.

Isn't that right Lee? :laugh:

I dont mind those days where I get to sleep in an extra hour

Archived