AFO Bribie Passage Expedition.

Angus

This thread discusses the Content article: AFO Bribie Passage Expedition.

Hey guys.

Ill add the exacxt meeting address to this thread as soon I have sussed it out.

But this is enough info at least to get a good idea of the day.

Cheers!

Angus

Event: This competition will be held on the 31st August 2008 and is open to both Lure and bait fishermen. Entries will be based on length not weight. Entries will be submitted as a photograph on a measuring device that can be clearly read. This competition is specifically a flathead comp, but there will be spot prizes for other notable catches.

Time: The competition will kick off at 5:30am on August the 31st and will conclude at 1:00pm on the same day. Registrations will be made via email and you do not need to register with the event organizers before commencing fishing. Your honesty in adhering to these time frames will be most appreciated.

Location: You may fish anywhere legal around the Bribie Island area.

BBQ & Measure In: The BBQ & Measure in will be held at Bongaree (look for the AFO banner).

Categories:

1. Longest Flathead

2. Various spot prizes.

Prizes: The prize for the longest flathead will be a Lee Strachan custom rod.

Entry procedure:

To register for this competition please email the following details in an email titled Bribie Passage Comp to: angus@australianfishing.com.au :

Name:

Username:

Contact Phone:

Cost: The competition entry fee is $30. A BBQ at the conclusion of the competition is also included in the price. Payments can be made to the following bank account:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Spirit Of AFO: Not everyone wanting to attend this event will have transport there or access to a boat.. I would strongly encourage a show of hands in the forum as to who does need a lift and see if we can fill that need. Also deckie spots im sure would be most appreciated by some as well!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i am keen for this comp. Uunfortunetly i am stuck for transport again, so anyone heading there and can pick me up from northgate it will be much appreciated, i will even chip in some money for fuel on the way up if you wish. i am also looking for a spot on a boat to fish with someone, preferably a lure fisho but i don't mind if you are a bait fisherman, if i get no spots on someones boat i am fine with doing some landbased fishing. i can put in for fuel, donate plastics and hb's etc and i got my own gear.

best of luck to all competitors.

saltshaker wrote:

dammit im out...stupid sisters fiance's bucks party...i'll be in the next comp commin up tho.

good luck boys

Like he is gunna want you there telling tales!

I am sure you can come to an arrangement with him so your sister never knows you were not there, and he gets a report saying he behaved like a gentleman all night!

fishyman wrote:

gus, IMO i wouldnt be too quick in making that decision

i know at the last event, the bream and snapper comp we had a heap of entry's in the last few days.

there is still over a week to go until this event plenty of time to increase those numbers

Tom: Mate i hope so and i wont make the call until the last minute.

Honestly i dont mind being honest with the AFO crew: But to break even:

* Insruance = $1000

* BBQ = $100

* Prizes = $300

So we have to at least break even or AFO would sink.

i have been told that i have to come to this one... :blink: so will sort email rego and stuff soon. just looking for a show of interest at this stage. thinking of dragging the boat up there, can fish 4 (obviously i'd be one... so looking for 3 crew) from the boat in reasonable comfort (17.5ft). any takers? all i ask is to help out with fuel and BYO gear! generally a bait fisho!

thankfully i will be at my mum's place on the saturday night, much closer from there than kuraby! sleep in!!! :woohoo:

Hey Lads and Ladys,

so far from the amount aof people attending i dont think it would be fair to class this one as a comp as the level of attendance isnt enough to remotely cover the cost. Yet i reckon a days fishing with a BBQ would be fine as there are still some more comps very soon. I have made a list from the thread of people and can you let me know if i have missed you or if you would like to come. If we get enough people then sure can make it a comp again.

list of attendies.

Mangler (mat) + mrs mangler

Keechie

Fishy man

Pinkey

tackle box

Kreel

Jimmybob& Grub

MKS

Rod Vardy

Kath Vardy

Tomcatdan & friend

Benno573

shorty

after speaking to angus he has kindly decided to go ahead with keeping it a comp so prizes will be had! it would be great to see a bigger group though. i personaly havent been there before so if any one knows the area can they pm me some details of an area that has boat access and also a BBQ and area close by for land based fisho's?

cheers again gus.

Event: This competition will be held on the 31st August 2008 and is open to both Lure and bait fishermen. Entries will be based on length not weight. Entries will be submitted as a photograph on a measuring device that can be clearly read. This competition is specifically a flathead comp, but there will be spot prizes for other notable catches.

Time: The competition will kick off at 5:30am on August the 31st and will conclude at 1:00pm on the same day. Registrations will be made via email and you do not need to register with the event organizers before commencing fishing. Your honesty in adhering to these time frames will be most appreciated.

Location: You may fish anywhere legal around the Bribie Island area.

BBQ & Measure In: The BBQ & Measure in will be held at Bongaree (look for the AFO banner).

Categories:

1. Longest Flathead

2. Various spot prizes.

Prizes: The prize for the longest flathead will be a Lee Strachan custom rod.

Entry procedure:

To register for this competition please email the following details in an email titled Bribie Passage Comp to: angus@australianfishing.com.au :

Name:

Username:

Contact Phone:

Cost: The competition entry fee is $30. A BBQ at the conclusion of the competition is also included in the price. Payments can be made to the following bank account:

Account Name: Brisbane Fishing Online

BSB: 124103

Account Number: 20364022

Spirit Of AFO: Not everyone wanting to attend this event will have transport there or access to a boat.. I would strongly encourage a show of hands in the forum as to who does need a lift and see if we can fill that need. Also deckie spots im sure would be most appreciated by some as well!

i would like to keep it at bongaree, from the map it looks like there is a fair stretch of beach to pull up at and a few parks along the way as well. which will work well for the yakkers if any and also the landbased fisho's anyone know of boat ramp location at bongaree?

Archived