Baroon 4 6 06 - a bust!

Feral

Well,

Spent a beautiful 4 hours on lake Baroon today. But not a bite, not even a spangled pearch! could not even find fish on the sounder. Was not to game to go right up the arms of the dam in case the westerly picked up, I suspect that is where the fish have gone.

Old campaigner told me yesterday it was not worth fishing for bass when the wind was up, looks like he was right!

I'll give it another go friday.

BIG DAVE 1 wrote:

how were the bass from last week?

dave

You mean on the tooth?

Actually tasted half edible (I dont each much fish having basically grown up on it), but the kids would not eat it. I gave em an earful (well a ribbing) about having to kill the poor fish for them to NOT eat it!

I reckon the kids wont have a problem with catch and release from now on!.

Also feral what is your game plan when you fish this dam? Im keen to try there land based. Where do you get your yabbies? Im not boat based so i cant really get to any secrect spots, Im going up to noosa in september and im really keen to try there for some spangled perch. Also have you tried ay other baits apart from yabbies ie worms, shrimp, prawns and crayfish?

dave

Dave, plenty of land based up the arms of the dam.

Other species: Bass, Spangled Perch, Eel tailed catties, eels long and short fin, red claw, mary river cod.

I have heard they have released silver perch and some toga's in there.

Any confirmation Andrew?

Angus.

Archived