Tweed Tomorrow (12/9)

fishyman

hey guys

well anthony just got a tow bar for his suzuki so we are gonna test it out tomorrow, driving down to tweed at around 6ish towing the trailer. picking up the little 10ft punt from his grandparents and launching at around 8am.

Probably launch somewhere near kennedy drive or elsewhere if anyone wants to give us some hints.

so any hints?

haha

hahaha

yeah thats what im guessing

will only take the UL gear as any more than 2 rods in that boat and it gets painful.

probs launch near the bridge and have a scout around up near the fork then if nothing is goign move into the mangrove creeks then if still nothing hit the manmade structure

fishyman wrote:

under 18 do not

last tim ei went the bloodt tackle shop faggot said i did

so i got it for the year and wasted 30 bucks

Not a waste fishyman, most of it goes to NSW fish stocking. Consider it a donation to further your sport! (and still curse the bum on the shop for his cut!)

Fishyman under 18 no need to buy license, cost $6 3day, $12 MONTH $30 YEAR, $75 3YRS. I work in a tackle shop and im no faggot, there is normal a poster on shop wall tell you cost and whom needs to have one (ie) Pensioners no need but, self retirees do,as for making money on said licenses well near bugger all goes to shopowner as you are only allowed to use one book till it is full, so say over Christmas you have 20 customers in a line you cant use two or three books, book numbers must run in order, Fisheries laws. so you add up the time we spend per customer and guess what we lose (ie)say we pay one guy $20hr and he just fills out licenses all day we lose big time, and believe me over holiday time we work or butts off doing licenses, but i;m all for them as it has restocked fish fresh and saltwater,brought back fishing licenses of pros, re built boat ramps, built new ones,only thing it has not done is put more inspectors on the water which we need bad to stop all cheats that make it hard for the rest of us, and yep i did take offense to the FAGGOT remark you never know how may of us that work in tackle shop that are on the site.

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/641_animatedgif5_2-d8525d8ed82755855a0322b9da727b4c.gif

squidgie

post-3753-144598471896_thumb.gif

you can buy them online if your got credit card 24/7

might be good to know for those that may need one and want to get on the water instead if driving around looking for an open shop.

The site gives you a number almost straight away once your payment details go through and thats all you need, or you can print out your recipt if you got a printer.

Takes about 5 minutes and your ready to go

/>https://www.licence.nsw.gov.au/gls_eservice/renewals/Application.aspx

Dan

squidgie wrote:

Fishyman under 18 no need to buy license, cost $6 3day, $12 MONTH $30 YEAR, $75 3YRS. I work in a tackle shop and im no faggot, there is normal a poster on shop wall tell you cost and whom needs to have one (ie) Pensioners no need but, self retirees do,as for making money on said licenses well near bugger all goes to shopowner as you are only allowed to use one book till it is full, so say over Christmas you have 20 customers in a line you cant use two or three books, book numbers must run in order, Fisheries laws. so you add up the time we spend per customer and guess what we lose (ie)say we pay one guy $20hr and he just fills out licenses all day we lose big time, and believe me over holiday time we work or butts off doing licenses, but i;m all for them as it has restocked fish fresh and saltwater,brought back fishing licenses of pros, re built boat ramps, built new ones,only thing it has not done is put more inspectors on the water which we need bad to stop all cheats that make it hard for the rest of us, and yep i did take offense to the FAGGOT remark you never know how may of us that work in tackle shop that are on the site.

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/641_animatedgif5_2-d8525d8ed82755855a0322b9da727b4c.gif

squidgie

i didnt mean any offence lol. but when i walk in to a tackle shop and ask. "hey mate i dont need a fishing licence to fish here do i" then get the reply of nah mate you do need one. then to find out thats a load of crap and i just spent 30$ on a fishing licence i didnt need sorta frustrates me even if its 30$ thats going towards a good cause. not all of us have full time jobs im only a young fella in year 12 trying to save up some cash for my hobbies and interests.

i am all for fishing licences and i wish we had them here in QLD providing they used the money for good causes.

no need to jump down my throat mate, its not my fault the employee gave me the wrong information.

god dont you just love online forums

Thats ok ellicat though he was a young fellow but i hope he takes it the right way, not sure who sold him the license,but he might have had a bad day like i did yesterday, and yep we forget some times to ask customers their age, being an elderly, well lets say middle age young man that i am i like to treat all the way i would like them to teat me.

[img size=224]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/641_animatedgif5_2-56e2dbdd58bc651a7678ae7e4052891b.gif

squidgie

post-3753-144598472268_thumb.gif

I know most Tackle shop guys are great blokes just trying to make an honest buck, but the Guy fishyman is talking about is a bit of a knob. He was trying to tell me that NSW fishing is better because you get to keep the Metre + flatties. Actively encouraging something like that is pretty poor work for a tackle shop owner. Also, he was complaining that the fishing licenses have taken all his business away because now no one fishes the Tweed and they all go up to QLD to fish. He obviously didn't figure it might be because he was selling Gulp for around $13 a packet and an outdated and inappropriate range of hard bodied lures.

yes I have found some great tackle shops but I usually stick to my local, the boys there are pretty good, very knowledgable and will often sell you a cheaper lure or prouduct if they think it has a better chance of catching you a fish.

Squidgy I have read some of your posts and your a wealth of knowledge mate, would glady shop at your tackle store if it was my local, no probs.

Dan

Archived