brisbane trip-- got a jew

ando_04

Who gives a rats about blacked out pics - personally I think its a bit childish and shows your only posting for bragging rights - instead of being a thoughtful fishing forum companion.......and to get a jewie over a metre on 2lb line , thats gotta be a bloody gee up hasn't it !! that would surely be in the record books for line class ... please show us the gear next time as well ( you can black out where you purchased it from if you want ) , because i find the whole ordeal very suspect...

he was probably using his steez and a high end rod. If you know how to play a fish you can land them on 2lb fireline, it is like 10lb any other braid. I've seen friends land massive fish on UL line you just have to have a great drag and skill.

Obviously this jew was breamin bycatch but genreally I don't condone targetting big fish on light line because they don't have a high survival rate. It's ok if you're planning to keep them for a feed but if it is catch and release I prefer to go a bit heavier because I like to let all my jew and threadies go and know they will swim away.

Yep, I agree with Dan on that point. You can land some massive fish on light line. I got a 60cm Cod out of a pipe on 4lb braid; took about 10mins, but I eventually got him in (obviously was bycatch, was targeting Bream and such at the time)

Great fish Ando. Still would have been very impressive on 50lb line

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no admin, but instead of bumping, you should of posted and quoted.

Kingchrome, how did you come across this post from 3 weeks ago? If you were a new member, you would have posted like every other new member.

But instead, you bump a post from 3 weeks ago, so you went through probably 1500 posts, and specifically bumped/posted on this one....

You sound like you are the banned member being an idiot

No more comment from me. Flame me son, i dare you.

Edit: some flame for you fire: Feral, ima one of those poor under paid programmers that actually tries to fix things. I can put in some malicous code if you want... along the lines of..... "our president is gay" on random header texts... or whatever you want... we do pretty much all of it in oz...just gimme a company name, i've got full access to all projects.....

anybody work at hanson concrete? worked in a beauty there recently on call of a friend

edit: ok, found it: site upgrade post

sat/sun downtime, mon/tues, flies hanging around ur ****... little more info please webmaster? i may suicide without afo for a week..... bash.org.... what irc chan u on|?

Well, wow :) , yeah i do silly things :silly: , i was just in such a pessimistic mood with no sleep, after a gf's "fat" party, just got home, sorry to doubt you.

Just that it was a thread mentioning banned people that was bumped by a 7hr old user.

I'm sorry if i offended you, I'll give u a sx40 lure, for my being optimistic.

Where would you like to meet?

My mobile is 0414 210 223, my common email is paulolsen666@gmail.com paul.olsen@hanson.biz or superherocomplex@iinet.com.au

edit: punctuation/tense.

Also welcome to the site Kingcrome.. im not sure if i have welcomed u yet.. u will find that the guys hear all all champ's.. and if u have a quick read of the rulz and follow them, i guess u wont have a problem with people having a stab at u.. Chubbstar just being quick off the mark.. dont let that get to u. And remember forums can get quickly out of hand as sometimes it is hard to get ur point across exactly how it is sounding in you head..

so i guess u were out friday night fishing, when u came across the Jew god's? they seem to be right onto it.. also were u boat fishing, or landbased?

did u guys keep 4 jew or let some go? if so u find them tasty? ( i guess that question is aimed at ando)

now i got to think of a way for chubbstar to have a good stab at me so i can get a free sx40.. :woohoo:

Travis

Fisherjoe wrote:

anybody know where the fish are biting today? about to head out to catch the incoming tide and want any tips goin atm for where they are biting on landbased.

hey man not the best place to put this question as it wil be hard for anyone to find.. but all i can say is that fish are everywhere so whever u go make sure u find some structure. Where were u thinking of going?

Fisherjoe wrote:

where are some keepable size fish?

cast net some prawns or small fish and throw a line in the river, kookaburra park, westend, or anywhere..

you in with a good chance of bream, threadfin, cod that way.

or soft plastic lure or HB lures in the river at newstead park.

seen a few here land big fish at Bretts warf.

Some good fishing to be had in the river you just have to try some spots, best time is morning or dusk.

I don't think the shultz is happening at the moment, I tried there this morning and didnt get a touch, even though I was just testing some braid I still had a lot of casts and didnt get a nibble, but at times you can get good bream,flattie Taylor there.

back on topic...I thought the Jew moved out to sea at this time and there are not any around?

Dan

Archived