hardyakka 22nd

Dinodadog

Had to work hard to nail some bass this morning out at NPD. Spot I fished sat morn for a few on bait just would not fire for me today. I had yo put the walking shoes on and cover a bit of ground before I could find some willing fish. Might have to go back to arvo fishing for a bit longer.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

bass [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/cc_001.JPG

post-1453-144598473122_thumb.jpg

I took your advice Dino from last week and put the slugs away and fished for four hours yesterday morning for four very hard to find fish.Two on Spros one on a slider and one on a wobbler. I reckon in a few weeks they'll start really sniffing around the edges a bit more.Heaps of small fish hitting the surface..with an occasional big one amongst them.

Sure was nice out there though. Lungfish everywhere and I had a big, big eel swim right in front of my feet while I was standing in the water.

All of the bass were still holding their winter fat and pulled like little steam trains. Gotta love em hey ?

Dinodadog wrote:

Rocket yes s/baits not far out

LGM you prob seen there is more water, yes the schools break up and there back to patrolling in ones and twos

Yeah mate, the water is rising nicely. I was quite surprised at how far it has come up in the last few weeks.

Have to keep stamping grass down to lay out the truth mat as my little camps are slowly submerging. It's like I'm making little crop circles.

At the end of the session I threw out a 25gm slug just for interest sake.

It got picked up off the bottom way out deep but dropped it a few seconds later.Although, that fish may have been closer to the top and followed it down.

Two or three times I caught sight of a big silver flash trailing my little 7gram wobbler, only to turn and bolt at the last second. Gee they're fast.

Dinodadog wrote:

As with most lures the bass will follow for a fair way before making up their minds to have a go at it. A lot of times this is just before it gets to the bank or just before the weeds or grass. If this is the go then a little scent on your lure makes them make up their minds quicker

Too right mate. S Factor, All of the fish that I caught hit the lures after I applied this wonderful stuff. I carry a little tub in my top pocket whenever I fish there.

I've even had garfish go nuts around my lures as I'm just about to lift them out of the water.

Wonderful stuff made by a very clever bloke.

Archived