Pine River

Dec

Fished the pine river yesterday a bit suprised with my catch. The day started out at waking up at 5 on the water by 6 first off went to the highway bridge we have had good days there before but it was quiet i droped my sp down next to a pylon to find it stoped half way so wound up the slack to find i had a fish on it pulled to hard for a bream and took it mid water so not a flathead got it next to the boat to find my sel with a little 52cm Jewfish anyway put it in the well. Few casts later dad got a small bream decided then to go to the hornybrook bridge after a few casts hooked a little flathead then my dads freind Tom hooked one a double hookup on flathead got them both they were around 40-45 let them go because you dont get mutch meat off them a few more little flathead later Tom hooked something good to find a 56cm flathead on the end of his line put him in the well. moved down the bridge to try find some bigger ones but no first off another doubble hook up to small ones then some more then tom got a very nice big healthy bream. Decided to call it a day at 10 because we had to go out to lunch at 12:30.

So the total was 1 Jewfish, 2 Bream and about 15 flathead.

Mate good report and welcome to the site.

Did you get any pictures.

Jeez you cant be unhappy with a tally like that. Epsecially as most Pine reports have been pretty quiet.

Congrats on the Jew as well. I reckon thats the better eating size.

Good fishing.

Angus

Sounds like a great day, thanks for sharing it with us all.

Now I am really keen to get my \"new\" little tinny out onto the water...not far from home too...hope that you left some for me;) Jew are still on my \"to do\" list, hopefully not for long though!

Archived