Correct Application Of Sikaflex. Help Needed.

Doyley

I have just taken screws out of the transom of my boat to fit a new transducer and found electrolyse present.  The battery is only connected when the boat is in use and i applied a lot of Sikaflex to the hole and screws when i first put them in.  When putting the screws in wouldn't it push the Sikaflex out from between the thread?  How do you prevent this?  I put the screws in when the Sikaflex was wet.  I have read online that someone waits to the Sikaflex is nearly dry before putting the screw in.  Any help would be appreciated. 

37 minutes ago, Doyley said:

I have just taken screws out of the transom of my boat to fit a new transducer and found electrolyse present.  The battery is only connected when the boat is in use and i applied a lot of Sikaflex to the hole and screws when i first put them in.  When putting the screws in wouldn't it push the Sikaflex out from between the thread?  How do you prevent this?  I put the screws in when the Sikaflex was wet.  I have read online that someone waits to the Sikaflex is nearly dry before putting the screw in.  Any help would be appreciated. 

my lance from reeltackel gave me other stuff to use think its call duralac is the stuff to use dont know if sikaflex does the same job

10 hours ago, Doyley said:

Unfortunately Im on the Sunshine Coast.

yep not worth the petrol. 

Hope it goes well for you. If you get the thin stuff it can quickly make an awefull mess. The guy at the shop gave me a good tip. He puts the open tube in the vice and dips the screws straight into the tube. if it runs out a little just close the vice a little. Wouldn't work for bolts. 

Archived