Wooli

Aeron

Hi. Family and i are heading down to wooli in a couple and just after a few pointers please. Will be mainly up the creek but if the weather is ok i might try ouside. I have a 4.2 m tinny so not too far out. Any help would be greatly appreciated and even some marks for outside.

Thanks

Hey Aeron,

Yep Wooli is great you will love it. 

Mate I take it pretty easy but fish these spots (in blue) pretty hard. unweighted yabby works great. Small long shanked hook. Plenty of flathead and whiting. Don't fish ultra light. about 8lb is good as the larger flatties will do you. 

Watch the bar. It can be a nasty one as it is quite narrow and stands up pretty badly. The bar can extend out for ages as well. 
I don't have any offshore marks sorry. They do pretty well on the reef straight out from the water tower. There is broken ground out there. It is a great day out at the islands. So beautiful and plenty of fish.

Have a great time and ask any specific questions that you have.

Wooli.png

On 14/09/2018 at 6:53 PM, Aeron said:

Awsome thanks heaps. Any good spots for crabs? Is the rock wall where you come in any good??

There are plenty of crabs around. Most put their pots up stream from the caravan park but you don't need to. Any hole will hold them. 

The rock wall is great for a fish. If you can get some live Poddy mullet you will do well. The out going tide helps take baits out the front. You will have to take a fair bit of spare gear with you as it is very snaggy and you will get busted off from the large Kingfish out the front. If you cast left from the rock wall into deeper gutters with small live mullet you are assured of good bream and bigger mullet or beach worm you have a very good chance of a Mulloway. The rock wall fishes a lot better at night.  

If you are attempting to jump the bar I recommend you go out on the rock wall (its nicely paved now) and watch it for a while. 

Archived