Weekend Report No Pics.

Luvit

The boys and I headed over to Moreton Island late Saturday afternoon. First cast I hooked a nice mackerel on a SP but lost when my net boy took to long.🙄

We had a quick look around and set anchor for the night. We had some Tuna pasta before settling into a high stake UNO card game. 😛

A fairly ordinary nights sleep with Morons doing high speed doughnuts all over the beach and sand dunes at 2am in the morning in V8 Land cruisers. They will be the first to whinge and complain when they close beaches off because of the damage d'heads like this do.🤬

I let the kids sleep while I motored up towards the cape. Did a small troll with bibbed lures till the boys got up. No hits so we went in search of some fish to jig up. We weren't having much luck so we headed to Hutchies Reef and found a school of fish on the sounder out to our left. I said to James there were fish to our left and he could see a school of small Kingfish around 50cm, sweet! 

We quickly had a triple hook up on the Gobblers Sp's. It was Luke's first Kingfish and he was amazed at how such a small fish was fighting so hard. We didn't take any photos so we could release them asap. A few more hook ups before a shark joined the party and snaffled a few. We moved away and tried another spot I though may hold Kingfish at this time of the year. The sounder showed some bigger models on this mark and I should have been ready for them. I hadn't re-adjusted my drag form the smaller fish, so when a big model hit it quickly reefed me. 😥 My own fault that I was kicking myself for IT. I up sized to a 6 inch jerk shad to see if I could temp another. A quick retrieve and we had 4 hoodlums follow it to the boat all in the 1.2m to 1.5m  mark. These were big fish and thick through the shoulders. We tried more drifts but cold not get another on to hook up. 

Some bigger then normal tuna swam by and followed the lures to the boat but no hits. After that kids wanted to go back in the bay to see if there were any more tuna around. We shot back in and had a brief look without any evidence of them being around we headed home for an early one since the kids were of on school camp Monday morning.

A great half day and some prime opportunities missed.

On a side note I have a new Gopro 7 black after drowning one of the Gopro 3+ models a few months back. Looking forward to doing some new videos.

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, ellicat said:

Shame you couldn't hookup with some of the bigger models.

Ahhhhh he did, he just wasn't good enough to stop it from reefing him ......... :whistle:

Nice clear video Wayne. Commentary from George (3 and a half):  fishing ........ fishing ....... ooohhh good one ..... (when he saw the kingie) 🙂 

• 1 month later...

Archived