Where is Johnsons rocks?

darkhonour

Hi everyone,

I was looking through the forums for somewhere to go fishing out near colleges now that the weather's been nice for a few weeks, (until today anyway), but hopefully without the crowds of people at colleges and kookaburra park. I noticed a few guys here head out to johnson's rocks and a quick look at the ubd showed me it was a bit off the beaten track, but after about 2 hours of driving around looking for an access point this afternoon I still can't figure out how to get to the water for the life of me. Is there any easy (road) access, or is there a bit of a hike through the bush involved?

Thanks for any help,

Kris

G'day

Was there about 3 months ago. I parked in Katherine Court Karalee, at the end of the cul-de-sac and tramped down the hill and around to Johnson Rocks.

At the end of Katherine Court is a steel gate, which is locked, but its tracked from 4WD's going in there...wander down the hill, follow the track. At the bottom is Venus Pool and to the left you'll see Johnson Rocks.

Its got some drop off's around it on the rock bit itself, so take care. When you get to the bottom there were a coupla bits of poly pipe in the rock, good for rod holder....

Fishing wise. Caught one little bream and just a coupla other little hits...tide was picking up going out and there was lots of weed in the water.

Hope this helps.

;)

jeff-f i have got my 4.8fisher right up to within a 100meters of the road bridge at colleges crossing but only on top of the tide as does get a bit shallow in a couple of places:ohmy: a small tinney no worries:cheer: to johnson rocks no worries even in a big boat;) al

Archived