brissy river at indro tomrrow?

Fisherjoe

yeah will have to see how we go at catching some live bait as i dont have a cast net on hand :( and until i can afford a boat itll be off bridges and jetties for now so being able to move around like a boat is very limited for me atm.

ive got my bait defrosting already i got a bag of pody mullet for the shark/whatever and a fresh pack of chicken gut which i find any good eating fish will take,....bream squire whiting etcetc, i hope to be able to catch one of these threadies, as i havnt had much luck in the last year of fishing at catching anything mainly because ive been going off the hornibrook bridge and as we all know that area up at redcliffe is pretty much fished out, compared to 10yrs ago when you could catch anything in no time at all

meh the river was crap got nothing so packed up collected mate and he took me to the poochute where we got hits withing 30sec of hitting the water :D brought up 3x legal bream nice fat ones, and 1 tailor, +the cpl undersize bream h=which were naturally throw backs, then stoped for dinner and collected anohter friend and went to cabbage tree point, gave up after 5 mins due to midgies thyen went to jacobs well to the new jetty there and spent a cpl hrs there with only catching a cpl of undersize bream, then came home about 830 ready to fight another day

there have been reports a while back from a reputable source advising that cobia are in that region. i got myself two a while back and posted it on the site, heres the pic again so you dont have to search for it. [img size=311]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2_cobia__s_AFO-6379042a737c504817d5a5115f4875ba.jpg

post-1346-14459847551_thumb.jpg

Oceandonkey wrote:

there have been reports a while back from a reputable source advising that cobia are in that region. i got myself two a while back and posted it on the site, heres the pic again so you dont have to search for it. [img size=311]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/2_cobia__s_AFO-6379042a737c504817d5a5115f4875ba.jpg

Wow!

Were they caught at jacobs well??

Ive fished Indro a bit and have been snapped off by some behemouth fish, sure some where sharks and some where threadies, catties, rays but some hit like a tonne of bricks and left me speechless and in wonder of what they could have been..

I was fishing just down from the outpipe at yeronga one day and got hit by 4 big fish and snapped off by every one in half an hour, one spat the hook and was a threadie and obviosly some where sharks, but some definitely where not, I didnt know was I fishing just down from the poo pipe, it was a bit embaressing when i found out.

Fish I have landed at indro have only been good bream , estuary cod and threadies, snapped off by tonnes of sharks too, and be prepared to catch a few big cattie.

best advice is if your getting prawns and herring in you castnet hit it on one hour after high tide at morning or dusk.

some areas fish better at outgoing and some fish better on high, you will have to work that out.

Sure is fun when they are on the bite, dont be afraid to bait up bigger too for a bit of fun.

Also might be good idea to use a flurocarbon leader, say 15-20lb if your getting snapped off too much.

areas I fished where Yeronga near the poo pipe, ok but not much room to fish, sand beach bit further up, and opposite you can access the river from the esplanade, been snapped by some biggens there and landed bream, cod and threadie, and the park in yeronga, a few access areas there, I never caught much from the park but a fello fisho landed a huge Murwong there (don't know if he meant a jack of not im not sure).

mind you I only fished there after Christmas, so dont be put off if you get nothing just wait for it to warm up and the bait to move in.

oh as for lately I tryed plastics a last week and got nothing.

Dan

There s a park there (and a plant), at yeronga i was fishing there once and i seen all the little herring running in the water, cast out with one and got hammered X 4, but like I said I fished there after last Christmas, I havn't seen any bait fish or prawns this year at indro (but who knows i dont look that hard).

pipe is up about 40 meters from the boating club.

I havnt fished it this year and havnt seen much bait around the area yet.

Its all a bit quiet yet but definitely good place to try when the bait hits the upper reaches, or anywhere along that stretch.

I dont fish Yeronga anymore because there is no room on the bank.

dan

flatty_catcher wrote:

Ive fished Indro a bit and have been snapped off by some behemouth fish, sure some where sharks and some where threadies, catties, rays but some hit like a tonne of bricks and left me speechless and in wonder of what they could have been..

I was fishing just down from the outpipe at yeronga one day and got hit by 4 big fish and snapped off by every one in half an hour, one spat the hook and was a threadie and obviosly some where sharks, but some definitely where not, I didnt know was I fishing just down from the poo pipe, it was a bit embaressing when i found out.

Fish I have landed at indro have only been good bream , estuary cod and threadies, snapped off by tonnes of sharks too, and be prepared to catch a few big cattie.

best advice is if your getting prawns and herring in you castnet hit it on one hour after high tide at morning or dusk.

some areas fish better at outgoing and some fish better on high, you will have to work that out.

Sure is fun when they are on the bite, dont be afraid to bait up bigger too for a bit of fun.

Also might be good idea to use a flurocarbon leader, say 15-20lb if your getting snapped off too much.

areas I fished where Yeronga near the poo pipe, ok but not much room to fish, sand beach bit further up, and opposite you can access the river from the esplanade, been snapped by some biggens there and landed bream, cod and threadie, and the park in yeronga, a few access areas there, I never caught much from the park but a fello fisho landed a huge Murwong there (don't know if he meant a jack of not im not sure).

mind you I only fished there after Christmas, so dont be put off if you get nothing just wait for it to warm up and the bait to move in.

oh as for lately I tryed plastics a last week and got nothing.

Dan

Hi Dan Where aboutys is the yeronga poo pipe?

Archived