Rod for a Stradic 4000

JackBarrett13

flatty_catcher.

I think asking someone to open up some form of debt to buy fishing gear is a bit silly. The guy has clearly got a limit, and wishes to stick to that.

Obviously you can't get a top of the range rod for that amount, but you can get a reasonable rod that will do the job just fine. As I said, it wont win any awards but it will suffice for JackBarret13s purposes.

So thank you to those who have offered good advice.

Just my thoughts. Lets keep this thread on track - that is, advice for JackBarrett13 regarding a rod!

Edit: IMO What was said is different to asking someone if they can stretch their budget a little to accomodate something a bit better. ie something like $150 or $180 etc.

The cost of a rod is no guarantee of it's quality.

Many south east asian made rods actually use the same blanks but are sold at different prices.

Many 'well known' rods are also made in south east asis where they may sell retail for just a few dollars.

Go and look at a few....look at the action etc. rather than the brand name.

mate, dont apologise for anything, i reckon good buys in that price range are the raiders and starlo stix. but head to a tackle shop find some one there to grab a stradic 4000 outa the cupboard and chuck it on a few rods in you price range and have a feel, any decent shop will do this for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Im glad to hear all the praise for Starlo Sticks.

I have been using a 1-3kg and 2-4kg starlo stick on my Twin Power 1000FB and Twin Power 2500FB respectively for some time and love it.

I have recently aqquired a Twin Power 4000 and have been intending to get the relevant Starlo for it. After reading this ill move ahead with that plan.

I plan to get a nice G loomis eventually for my Twin Powers. However this costly adventure can wait until I am:

a: Fishing far more often.

b: Catching more fish :)

I have seen some amazing fish caught on craaaaaaaaaaaap gear but still see first timers investing far more in gear than I personally (and I stress this is opinion) think is worth spending.

Cheers.

Angus

Archived