Boxing day specials

Brian D

Now without bragging too much ;) can you let us know about the bargins you picked up at the sales after Christmas.

I went to Anaconda at Logan but noone would serve me, I actually aproached 2 different people at different times at the fishing counter and both tuned away so I went to Allsports and spent $400.

Shamino Twin Power 2500 $199 down from $310 saved $111

Ian Miller 2/4kg 6'8" 1 piece $99 down from $125

Abu 1500 size $40

Crystal 3lb & 8lb $19 each.

I'll use the Abu in the yak and save the twinny for the boats.

WE did pick up a -5c sleeping bag, air bed and a thermo jumper at 30% from Anaconda, bargin price but again we needd assistance and couldn't get it.

i had a similar experience across heaps of stores. no one looked like they wanted to be working yesterday, they were all zombies! even after asking store persons to help they would palm me off to the next one, and the next one would try to palm me off to another one!

eventually had enough of waiting around 10-20 minutes to spend my cash and went home.

bootyinblue wrote:

None of it is fishing related but went to Good Guys at Brown Stains and picked up.

LG 42 Inch Plasma normally abou $1300 for $950

Dyson Vacuum normally $599 for $399

Portable A/C for my bedroom normally $699 for $576

Some little 22 inch LCD normally $599 for $549

And all I went for was a Dustbuster...LOL

ha ha just did the same

wifey dragged me to the shops, ended up with an 8 piece outdoor setting for $1200 reduced from $2100

Went to the new annaconda at Morayfield disapointing.

Was looking to stock up on Cajun, maybe pick up a 2-4 kilo 7 foot spinrod for shore based work.

They dont stock Cajun, their rod selection was pitiful, it was either over $130 or fibreglass, 2 Berkley Drop shots at $140 were the only 2-4 kilo spin rods they had. Nothing else, their range was pretty much snapper or bigger.

Got a roll of mojiko mono for the kids new reels, (thinnest mono I have ever come across), then at the cash register I find out that the "boxing day sale" is still on and everything is 20% off, so might have put one of those drop shots in to my price range, but I couldn't be bothered getting back in the queue.

I'll be giving them a miss, back to annaconda at Logan methinks, where they have the stuff I want, and a reasonable range!

I went down to Amart all sports at Strathpine whilst I was having the cars wheels aligned.Their sale was to put it politely pitiful.I had the sales bloke ask if I was alright and I said "where was all the ticketed sale items" and he said "there wasn't much there" and I said "You are not wrong there".He then proceeded to tell me there would be a fishing sale starting January 4 or so.Hopefully it will be better than this one.

I then walked down to BCF to spend me 50 buck voucher.It's funny how difficult it can be to spend when you don't go in there with a specific purpose to buy something.

I looked at lures, have some I don't use often enough already.same with plastics.They had really good shimano rods probably suitable for sps(note to Cpetrie)going for 50 bucks with sensitivity cork handles. They had two silstar reels for the price of one for thirty bucks.(10 year warranty)

I settled on buying a pair of Shimano thongs(10 dollars) as I've worn me Holden ones out.I also bought 3 rod holders(6 dollars each)some sinkers and a couple of bags of circle hooks.I also bought a soft plastic carry pouch for 2 bucks down from 13:cheer:

I was going to buy some fishing books but they are so expensive at BCF. I had my wife buy me a book from Angus and Robertson for 7 dollars and the same was 30 at BCF.

Feral,

I hear you RE Anaconda Morayfield.They are so expensive as well.You can pick up Berkley gulps at Big W for minimum 3 dollars less than Anaconda or BCF and they are cheeky to boot.I went to their opening and they claimed their braid was 29.95 down from 89.95 saving sixty dollars.

They then invited me to members nite and they said the same braid was discounted to 29.95 from regular price of 59.95.Very disappointing indeed.:angry:

Will probably check out Kmart to see what's left tomorrow.

Hulk

Hi,

Seems to be some negative feedback about Anaconda.

May i ask anyone who comes in to the Logan store that is having a bad experience to ask for me 'Michael', let me know your AFO username and i will personally make sure you receive the best service i can offer.

I also apologise for the experiences i read of now and will forward the reports and concentrate on training our staff to be more aware of these factors.

As for our prices, we offer a 10% price match guarantee.

More details can be found on our website.

Regards,

Michael

Nasty, I looked for you because I know you give good service but could not see you. I also like supporting sponsors. I was hoping to do a deal on a Diawa reel (being a Diawa fan) and another cheapy plus a rod and 2 spools of line. Oh well, I'll give you the heads up next time I flip a yak. :woohoo:

The camping gear we got was top shelf, best price in town. And those $45 jumpers, I'll be back for some more of those, they'll be perfect for winter bay fishing and beach fishing.

I had a nice positive experience at Anaconda EPark. I went in looking for rope for a new tarp and ended up with everything but: Coleman 2 burner stove, Stove stand, washing-up bowl and an egg storer. The best part is we went to TentWorld (I think that's the name) prior to this and they had the stove advertised at $30 cheaper - love the 10% vheaper than advertised deal Conda has.

Anaconda was pretty quiet when I got there today. You've got to feel sorry for the poor guys and girls working through the break while we're out there fishing.

Hi,

Went to Anaconda Ashmore boxing day to get some parts for the wifes new bike. Bike goods were not discounted, but the staff member dropped the price 15% anyway. Very happy with that as things are a bit tight at the moment.

Hear on the radio yesterday that the Anaconda sale was still on. What a scamming misrepresentation, discounted stock was so limited it was a joke. Complete waste of petrol going there.

Anaconda, really great one day, woeful the next. Happy with my discount on boxing day, but will think twice before visiting them again.

Cheers

PS. this is not Anaconda bashing, A Mart All Sports also had a real limited discounted range.

Archived