poper fishing

Jack2

hey guys.

i love my poper fishing but i havnt been able to catch as many as i would like to.

when targetting trevs, queenies, taylor and jacks should i use big or small popers, "walk the dog popers'.

and how should i work them

any help would be great

With popper fishiing, splash is usually what will grab the attention of the fish - the more spash usually the better!

Sometimes just the action of something skimming the surface will entice the fish to come and check out what all the fuss is about, but splash is what helps to whip them into a feeding frenzy!!

On different days, different things will work and I usually try alternating between lots of splash and a fast retrieve across the surface with lots of bubbles and not much time on top of the water.

Also, if fishing with metal lures, let them sink for a couple of seconds before a very fast retrieve or if you are throwing them at a feeding school of fish, let it sink for up to 10 seconds or so before winding back as fast as you can... the bigger fish are usually at the bottom helping to force the bait fish into a ball...

Hope this helps!

Shorty :)

i was having some good success with the squidgy stiffy range of poppers but then i went walking the dog with the sugapen range and have been having a ball with bream whiting flattys and the odd jack, they are awesome to use and i even got a few bream in the dark last night, very different to using them when u can see them, i was pausing a lot and getting smacked after 15 secs on the pause, great fun while your having a swig on a beer and get smashed .... :woohoo: :woohoo:

the rover walkers look the goods also, got smashed big time the other day on a red rover by a suspected red fish, right in the back of a gnarly snag on 3 lb so it was off to the tackle shop on the way home to get another one ...:laugh: :laugh: :huh: :laugh: :laugh:

might fish heavier next time...

topwater fishing has me by the short and curly's atm :laugh::laugh: its insane fun ...

Maxi

Archived