Pinkenba

Aaron H

Well after a long boring rainy morning (not complaining coz its much needed) decided to drive over the gateway and have a go at the spot where I caught a few bream in the classic. Got there and no one was there ( which is always good), and threw out some live blood worms. Had a hit everycast and released six undersize bream and two moses perch. With the tide well on the runout stage thought I would go to Boggy creek and try there for a bit. Found a good spot near a drain but still couldn't shake the undersize bream on bait. I then decided to try a pink squidgy wriggler and on the second cast hooked a 48cm flathead, sweet tonights dinner (thank god something other than leftover ham and turkey)

[img size=350]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/Flathead.JPG

post-266-144598404205_thumb.jpg

sweet mercy keep the turkey away from me:sick: We might only eat it once a year, but after a couple of days of lunch and dinner...:pinch: I think tonight we will finally get around to the flake I got last weekB)

Aaron: Nice work, sometimes moving around a bit pays off. Flathead that size are droolworthy on the plate;)

Yeah mate one of my fave eating fish I have to hit the area a bit more as I rarely fish that side yet its only fifteen minutes drive (although does cost me 2.50 a trip over the bridge) and there is hardly anyone fishing the areas I go (rain probably put off most except for idiots like me :laugh: although prefer to think of it as dedicated :lol: )

Archived