Soft lures in the Brissie

Ash

:evil: Whats anyone's thoughts on the best soft plastics for the river. Most of my fishing is with lures and ive had some luck with the berkley minnows and worms, Bream and catchfish on both. Does anyone adv to try any others or had luck with any other lures?:evil:

i have a few good ones.... 3\" and 4\" powerbait powerminnow in pink lemonade for flatties... 2\" and 3\" powerbait powerminnow in pumkinseed... 2\" for bream and 3\" will catch you everything from bream to cod... ive caught a few catfish on extra scents aswel.... and i find 1/8th oz to be the best jighead weight...

cheers, troy

thanks troy,

I use some off them already in other areas, and since leaving origional post have done of my own testing. The flat head i got at moggil was on a prawn soft lure.

B/dave, i dont use alot of solid lures, but a few mates of mine use small poppers around the river for Bream.

The minnows seem to be doing the job almost everywhere at moment.

happy fishin.

It comes down to how you use it, and more importantly if you care that much! Poeple dont mind using a normal SP with scent on it. Yet realistically its the same thing? I've also heard people cry out about using berley too.

Some poeple think that you should use lures that arent so real looking, as it takes more skill to land with a spinner etc. But to anwser your fist Q there, no it wasnt a gulp. Some old school lure i found in my tackle box!

I'll send a pic of it to you.

I dont consider it cheating. I consider it smart.

Maximising your chances of a fish :P

I like the challenge and all of landing a fish and more importantly landing a keeper, but i certainly dont mind improving those chances either.

By the way Troy, that Flatty you caught, its gut was filled with those herring we saw chopping. I know you caught it on a 3'' pumpkin seed minnow, but as they are getting the herring i reckon the 3'' pearly minnows would have to the go. Especially as you would also leave the dooe wide open for a trevally as well as thats what Mat caught the diamond on. (Not sure what he got the Blue fin trever on)?:huh:

Thats pretty much the way i see things. The only thing i personally try to do is buy mainly Aussie lures. However with some of the competition (like the gulps etc) I do cave in!:blush: I have had alot of success with some Berlely's, but not an amazingly amount more then others!I just find you have to search for Aussie lures abit harder, then of course see if you like them or not!:cheer:

Yeah i have only a very small experiance.

Basically i saw most fish get caught on Pumpkin seed.

Funnily enough i got my only two fish on a random plain brown colour 3'' minnow. And the gut of the flathead that tryor caught was full of herring. My poitn is i think that its more the movement that the SP's make than the color?

Angus

The movement and action are very important with lures. However colour does tend to play a big part to. Usually its best to use lures that imitate the local bait of the area. Now i say \"usually\" because sometimes fish dont play by the \"rules\" as such. Like when you catch dart on a made for bass lure! Stupid fish!:laugh:

Dart are Greedy bastards though!

One thing that interests me is why Flathead in particular are so intrigued by the very unnatural colors.

For example Pink Lemonade or Cartreuse minnow powerbaits?

Any insite anyone?

Angus.

wel maybe their vision is different..... :S.... if not that id have to say the action is what actracts them... or flathead are greedy and take anything... i know my barra in my tank likes the same lures flathead do :laugh: .... maybe its just the inexperience of lures and od looking things... or the fish is just having a taste becose fish can easily just spit it if it doesnt seem right...

cheers, troy

The thing is though, if you use them and just leave them on bottom, your not lure fishing. If you retrieve its the action/shape and colour that attracts the fish the most, haveing the smell just adds to the attraction.

And there's no real way to cheat when fishing (except with TNT). It all comes down to what you like to do. I find that unless im sitting in a chair with a beer in hand, bait fishing is boring. Even when i have bait on the hook i tend to cast and retrieve as if lureing.

A person who has good lure action and is exp will catch more with a standard lure then someone who doesnt and uses a scented SP.

yeah gulp is more a bait then a plastic. if u watch that berkely sp dvd it shows ADAM \"MAD DOG\" ROITER with a gulp and he hooks in onto a snelled rig just as u would bait and he clearly states \"these bio-degradable plastics are more a cast and leave bait rather thena cast and retreive plastic\" which is what he does and get's a nice snapper.

i hate adam roiter so much he is the biggest dick and thinks his top shit....by the way did anyone see his results from the last season of afc i think he came dead last in all bream tornaments, on several occasions he failed to catch his bag. I think they should substiute him for ando, i think ando has caught more bream on sp's the Adam \"the loudmouth shit fisherman\" Roiter.

dave

• 11 months later...

Archived