Flathead Hunting

bretto

With the calmer conditions this morn I decided to head out and find some Flatties. Spent the morning drifting the edges of the coomera river casting ecogear ck40's onto the bank and dragging them back in through to the deep and got 5 smallish bream and 7 flathead with the best going 70cm and was the best one I have landed in a while so I was pretty stoked.

Some Pics to follow

Brett

Bream

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/1flat03.JPG

post-2675-144598486819_thumb.jpg

Do$tylz wrote:

bretto wrote:

Happy??? not according to that picture there mate... wonder what you look like sad??? :cheer: :P :laugh: hahaha

hahaha...Dostylz that is happy but worried as a boat just screamed past and was waiting for the shutter click over as my SLR sat on the end of my kayak ready to fall overboard :unsure:

Cheers Pinkey.

bretto wrote:

I have definately had better results on the ck and is quickly become a favourite. They seem to produce a better calibre fish than the sx40's for me but one of my favourites is the sx60. Big bream love em.

Mate im a huge fan of the CK40's as well. I think the larger profile but great action is the go for fish looking for a slightly bigger feed.

I just picked up a CK50 and looking forward to giving it a bash :)

Angus

Went down the coast today and fished a creek near my work and pulled out a 52cm flathead and it is freshwater. The fish had an orange belly and the inside of its mouth was orange too. Does anyone know if this normal colouration for freshwater flathead?

Archived