Lenthalls February anyone interested?

Feral

Angus wrote:

Back up plan?

Monduran?

Yeah I reckon so.

No boating restrictions, only 100k north of where we are staying, I dont think it has any night restrictions on the dam, I have asked, will post answer when I get it.

Monduran can also be our \"bored with Lenthalls\" alternative as well. Having a day at Callide broke up the Awoonga trip nicely, a similar trip distance, so sounds good.

Angus, you got a tow rope on that Yak of yours? Monduran is 32k long......

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/02/02 04:29

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still on the hunt ay gus,(for the toga)

In both dams (lenthalls and borumba) toga and barra are usually a bycatch, i got my one nice toga out of 3 days casting, with surface action everywhere. And friends fish lenthalls and the barra there are few and far between.

so any fish other than bass are a real highlight

good luck guys

Ok I know this is going to be a mere pittance compared to Brian's gear he will bring, but this is the majority of what I am bringing tackle wise.

Minnows and spinner baits on the right (gotta get a couple more spinner baits)

Poppa's and lipless sinkers on the left [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1050681.jpg

post-134-144598406636_thumb.jpg

I'll also toss in my 2 piece surf rod and Alvey with the 35lb line and these in for seeing if we can get something interesting off the pontoon at the Van Park at night!

Also can someone make sure they have a cast net suitable prawns packed? Apparently we stand a good chance of getting a good feed in the river.

[img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/P1050686.jpg

post-134-144598406659_thumb.jpg

Saw a mate who fished Lenthalls Sunday morning. He says he saw a couple of boats with big motors get the flick at the gate.

He also said he got 2 good Barra (around 80cm), and his mate got some stonka Bass.

He has given me the good oil on where he caught them, so hopefully they are still on the chew at that spot next week!

Yahoo Feral - Are you sure we're not related?

What a good stock - luve it mate just luvvve it. you get Karma for that. ;)

Good call about the heavy for the jetty - I'll pack an outfit for LBSF in the river. I was thinking day fishing in the dam, early morning and arvo in the river. But maybe the Jetty will save us putting in the boats a 3rd time in one day.:)

I'll be bringing my cast net and crab pots for some muddies. I'll also brng my shrimp pots but do I need my opera traps? I thought there was no red claw.

Always Angus - we did at Awoonga as well - gotta have options!

Got me some more 1/4 oz spinnerbaits today, (3 for $16) as well as a pack of 13g Tassie Devils. Mind you had to root through the rack, all the Devils bar one pack had no centres in them. 4 for $13.

Also picked up a spare hub yesterday, a big bottle of 2 stroke oil, and finally some braid scissors!

So just need to get the boat spare in tomorrow morning to fix the leak, checking the wheel bearings tomorrow, and I can start packing!

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/02/07 16:37

My tassies dont match any of yours Brian, I'll wander down to the shed and get a piccie or two(dont need much encouragement!)

Your bass lures and poppers, I've got similar.

here are my new spinner baits and Tassies [img size=500]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/spinners_tassies.jpg

Post edited by: Feral, at: 2007/02/07 20:00

post-134-144598407001_thumb.jpg

Angus wrote:

i lost it at North Pine.

aaah so your one of these litter bugs causing the problems, tossing lures away everywhere! shame shame shame....

I've got a Gvibe in the same pattern, but orange, I have replace the Frenzy trebles though, they looked like tinnie rubbish, with some eagle claws. I want Barra on em!

Dunno about the internet access.

Roll call at this stage

Thursday to Tuesday

Ray

Graham

Ferg

Feral

Friday to Monday

Brian

French Chef (hope he is not a muppet!)

Thursday to Sunday

Angus

Let me know any correction to the above.

There were a few others who expressed an interest early on, dunno if they have given it a thought since,

Terry

Griffo

Oztrav

Jmac

what do you reckon fella's, able to come, maybe just for the weekend?

Archived