nudgee beach adventure

Jordan

'sigh', sometimes i am to cocky for myself. yesterday at work, the topic of mud crabs came up, and how there is a very large shortage of them, so i said i could get the boss a feast in a night. i told two of my mates to join me on a full on crabbing trip, with maybe some fishing on the side. so last night away we went. at 9.30 mitchell, ian and i set off for nudgee beach with 12 crab pots and plenty of snapper heads from work for bait, id say we were more than prepared. with a feed of mud crabs promised to each family and the boss, the pressure was on.

we diddnt catch one mad crab. we endured the rain, stayed till sun up, kept our cool with throwing bak the little crabs, and yet the creek was so unkind as to not share one decent yummy crab... this morning i had the embarrasing job of breaking the news to everyone, we were unsuccsesful with our full scale crabbing trip. i think it is time for me to put aside my pride and ask for help. this is a desperate plea to anyone who knows any good spots, or techniques that may help my cause. i would certainley appreciate any help, as i am more determined to catch a feed now than ever.

-jordan

Jordan i know its a bit out of your way, but Karana down, where kookooburra park is there is no shortage of crabs. Whats better is no one pots for them there anyway. Evertime i have been tehre and used un floated shark baits within 5 mins the muddies are all over it. Big ones as well. I reckon 12 pots there would do the job nicely :) And you could put out a shark line at the same time!

Angus

Try the Pine River estuary - a mate & I were up there a couple weeks ago and did alright. Couple of spots: come in under the bridge and head into the channel on the left just before the Dohles Rocks ramp and try setting at the mouth of a couple of smaller creeks that branch off (1 about 200m in, the other a bit further, both on the right). Failing that, try going further up the river under the Bruce Highway bridfe and take a left like you were heading for the gravel pits - really good in here. Lots of luck!!:)

hey jorden, today i was fishing in the brisbane river at jindalee right next to the skate park and pulled up 4 huge mudiies on my line. would have been over the 2kg mark but managed to net one but the others got away.

My favourite spot is the pine river, ive always done well near the boat ramp at dohlas rocks and its very good around the bruce highway bridge.

Archived