Bass on Bass off NPD

Dinodadog

Wallyfly and myself hit the dam early this morning and we had our half hour of glory landing several bass each then as quick as they turned up they were gone. Here is a couple of them,all taken on s/baits in the purple colours.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

late 30cm size [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/df_001.JPG

chris_stewart14 wrote:

Dino you should start marking your Bass somehow.. I'd be very interested to see how many are repeat offenders.. You'd be on a first name basis with all the Bass in there by now.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Chris has got a point, Uncle Dino. :)

EMP

This happens quite often out there you start getting into them and then its like someone flicks the switch and off they go. I'll have to get some underwater gear to find out where they go. As it gets warmer now they should stay on the chew a little longer, and the yellas usualy start a little later in the day, they like to sleep in.

ah! well! Dino, if you and i miss out on permits just think of all the other places we've been to in the past that we can do again.....nothing like experience. just think with a permit, the lousy parking arrangements where you have to park you car and trailer up to a kilometre from the ramp and if you're the 51st boat on the ramp you are told to go home and the ramp is soooo jammed up with other boats you can't get near it in a 2 wheel drive because of the boggy conditions..those ramps and paking areas at Wiv and Kilcoy are the way to go. we'll see...:angry:

Sounds scary.....a canoe on a trolley is starting to look pretty good at this stage.

wallyfly wrote:

ah! well! Dino, if you and i miss out on permits just think of all the other places we've been to in the past that we can do again.....nothing like experience. just think with a permit, the lousy parking arrangements where you have to park you car and trailer up to a kilometre from the ramp and if you're the 51st boat on the ramp you are told to go home and the ramp is soooo jammed up with other boats you can't get near it in a 2 wheel drive because of the boggy conditions..those ramps and paking areas at Wiv and Kilcoy are the way to go. we'll see...:angry:

wallyfly wrote:

the lousy parking arrangements where you have to park you car and trailer up to a kilometre from the ramp and if you're the 51st boat on the ramp you are told to go home and the ramp is soooo jammed up with other boats you can't get near it in a 2 wheel drive because of the boggy conditions. we'll see...:angry:

Sounds like you are not going to bother applying for a permit.

I have only been bogged there once and that was immediately after the temporary ramp was installed and the stone had not compacted. I was not bogged as such but could not get traction on the loose stones.

When the dam was very low and there was a 3 ft drop from the end of the ramp to the water I had problems with my kia rio getting traction pulling the loaded trailer over the edge and I had to chock the trailer and unhitch it and drive the car up onto level ground and use a long rope to snig the trailer up the slope.

The parking is no longer a problem as seq water has given permission to park on the side of the road adjacent to the ramp.

Cheers

Ray

Archived