Connecting Mono to Braid?

plugga

google ablright knot into google and it should show you some instructions and pictures on how to do the knot. yes fish can definately see braid underwater thats why you tie the leader onto that braid for a bit more stealth. the ultra visibilty of lines when plastic fishing is good because it lets you see where and what your line is doing so you will see all the twitches in the line and know when the fish is hitting your lure which allows you to strike resulting in a hooked fish.

cheers

Plugga, whenever you ask a group of fishermen for the best knots you will always get a range of answers. There are many fishing knots but most of us end up using 3 or 4 favourites. Best advice I can give you is to find your 3 or 4 favourites.

Google fishing knots and you will find plenty of sites with good animated diagrams. Try tying a few with spare line and then test them to see how much effort it takes to make them fail. After a bit of practice you will find a couple of knots that you will be confident to tie well.

I personally prefer the doubled albright, but it can be a fickle knot. If not tied well it WILL cost you a fish, and as with all terminal tackle failures, it's always the big one that finds the weak knot.

Cheers mate

HI Plugga what Hairyweassel said is right we all have our fav's I only have 2 knots that i use for tieing braid too mono the albright for lighter line's like on spinning rod's and that sort of suff. And the slim beauty i use on heavy stuff like my surf rod which is 20kg braid tied to 15 mtrs of 60lb wined on leader. Find all the knots you can for what you want and have a play with them then you'll find the one's that you find easy to tie and go from there.:cheer:

Archived