Brian D

Me, Arron and the cannon ball went off to Hinze at about (not sure what time cause I'm not sure what time the Dam opens\" ) lets say early.

We trolled, devils'ed, plastic'ed, HB'd and live baited.

The only thing we could get em on was the shrimp or a combo cocktail.

We managed 11 Bass with the biggest being about 45cm, and a couple more ocver the 40cm mark.

we ran out of bait so we headed back to the ramp feeling OK, until we ran into Steve the fishing guru charter bloke.

How many did you get Steve? About 300 or so was the answer!

It's not rocket science - if you want to clean up at Hinze get a charter with Steve. 

post-118-144598405569_thumb.jpg

Feral wrote:

Sounds like Steve was around where the word island is for Ian's Island, and you were near the 3, even perhaps a bit closer to Ray's run? 

No but close - see the little island Allen's - draw a line across the map from land to land in line with the S in allan's - steve was on the western point of the line, just off the main land. (there is no name on the map but it is very grassy aand doesn't look like much.

We were further up easten side of Roys Run, there is a grassy patch in the water, similar to the one near the ramp, we were onthe est of the that about 10 mtres from the grassy patch.

BY the way if you see a solo fish on the sounder don't be afraid to drop a shrimp on it's head. No need to find schools today.

Ta Brian,

Thats a good start, hopefully they will still be around tomorrow!

Been taking \"bachelor's baths\" in the pool while the missus is away eh?

Better use shampoo and have a shave tomorrow morning before going to pick her up! Do all the usual things, like move the \"good\" food she left you to eat around, chuck some in the neighbours bin (she might find it in your bin)etc etc :whistle:

Feral wrote:

Ta Brian,

Thats a good start, hopefully they will still be around tomorrow!

Been taking \"bachelor's baths\" in the pool while the missus is away eh?

Better use shampoo and have a shave tomorrow morning before going to pick her up! Do all the usual things, like move the \"good\" food she left you to eat around, chuck some in the neighbours bin (she might find it in your bin)etc etc :whistle:

Classic Feral - you know exactly how to play - but for one thing - I got chicken so I just chuck them all the good food she left.:woohoo: :woohoo:

Ray - I took the rug out of the dining room before I put the fish on it, I didn't have time to lay the marine carpet. Do you think she'll know? How do I get the smell out?:blush: :(

Oztrav wrote:

nice fish guys

but 300 :ohmy: is he serious or does he need more business whats his number?

OZ - he is serious - he doesn't need to bullsh?t. I saw at least 50 and been on a charter - that's where I learnt what to do in Hinze Dam.

He might be a sponsor of the site be he knows his stuff. Well worth half day $65 charter. As Ray says \"best $65 ever spent\".

If you havn't been you should go at least once. Click on Sports Tution on the home page.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/20 17:17

Feral wrote:

Actually we should all pitch in and do a AFO charter again with Steve, he treated us well this year, and giving him back a bit of business is the right thing to do!

Good idea but I'm using the cannon ball - make sure we get in before end of summer.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/01/20 19:12

We fished for about 8 hours I think (Arron can you confirm), maybe more.

The battery was still going strong - at a guess it's about half cause we spent a lot of time on half throttle, only on the way home did we go flat out and a couple of times for short bursts.

Having Arron in the boat made no difference to speed or stability, though it is funny watching him get his \"sea legs\":laugh: Top speed was at about 5.9kph.

Are you planing a race at Lenthalls - if so I going to 24 volt bow thrusters?:woohoo: :evil: :P :silly:

Yeah about 8 hours I would say mate, be nice about the sea legs :laugh:, I thought the electric went really well one of the quicker ones I have seen, although u could see Brian itching to go faster, there was a big smile on his face when he got to open the yamaha right up on Sunday to :laugh:

No race brian, mine pulls about 4.5k top speed, coming home sunday into a 20knot \"breeze\" she was down to between 3.5 and 3.8k. I was down to aboytr 40% on my main batteries for roughly 4 1/2 hours, mostly trolling. But it was a good hour flogging back into that \"breeze\" to get home.

I am just trying to get a feel for electrics and battery capacity.

Oztrav wrote:

nice fish guys

but 300 :ohmy: is he serious or does he need more business whats his number?

That would be his charter, if it was the same group days, looked like a father son weekend, he had all his canoes and boats in the water, so was probably 12 to 16 people.

Archived