Lemax Fishing Report Of The Month Competition

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: Lemax Fishing Report Of The Month Competition **

It is with great pleasure that we announce a new monthly competition for the Brisbane Fishing Online website, the “Fishing Report Of  The Month Competitionâ€. As the name suggests, we will be awarding a prize each month to best fishing report (as judged by AFO admin) made in the fishing reports section of the AFO forum. Thanks to new sponsor Lemax, the monthly prize will consist of a superb Lemax Blue Mountain rod and a spool of leader.

The Lemax Blue Mountain Rod Features Lemax's own silicon carbide (SiC) guides and woven graphite reel seat on a blank with enough rough and tumble built into it to handle all manner of inshore bread and butter fish species. The Blue Mountain range varies from 5'0" to 9'0" and our new sponsor will send out the length of your choice to ensure we are satisfying everyone’s diverse fishing needs.

Entry Process: Reports are to be made in the relevant “Fishing Reports†section of the AFO Forum. For example, a report from the Noosa River is to be made in the “North Coast Reports†section and a report from Hinze Dam is to be made in “The Lakes Reports†section. A new Topic has been created under “Competitions†called “Report Of The Month Nominationsâ€. Each month admin will create a thread stating the month and year. If there is a report you would like to nominate for Report Of The Month, please make it in this thread using the following format:

Username:

Date Of Report:

URL Link:

Members can nominate their own reports in this way as we understand some will go to great efforts with their reports to have a shot at the prize provided by Lemax. The reports will be judged by administration by three key factors:

1.    Quality of fish caught in the report.

2.    Quality of photography in the report.

3.    Quality of written content. (As a rough guide over 500 words would be preferable).

The above factors will all be considered when choosing a winner. A lot of AFO members go to great lengths to make reports that are enjoyed thoroughly by the whole community and we hope this is a great opportunity to rewards these members.

This competition will commence on the 1st May 2009 and nominations can be made from this date in the new ROTM forum category.

Good luck to all those that compete and a big thanks from AFO to Lemax for coming on board.

The AFO Team

[img size=250]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/BlueMountain.JPG

post-2216-144598490452_thumb.jpg

shortie wrote:

Dam. How im i going to say

"went fishing caught nothing"

in 500 words with pics.

Thats why the judging panel takes photo's and the story into consideration.

Good fish are a bonus but will not gauruntee a winning report.

Cheers.

Angus

Wow this is an awesome idea. :woohoo: I love it when people have a decent bit of story and some good pics! I tell you what, Bretto will be one to watch with his awesome piccies and smoking catches. Mind you Lee (I think) has had some impressive macro shots recently too! Terry is good for the intense catches too :cheer:. Ahh too many good "reporters" to poke a stick at LOL. It is going to be great to see what extra effort peeps go too. The first run through in May will be great to see how far people will go to try and outdo each other.

I can't wait until my May fishing trip, I'll go nuts with the camera :laugh:. I should have a few new toys by then too B) I'm keen to get out to Big W again, and I'll be straight over to the cliffs hopefully with a working sounder this time! I've got some ripper ideas too for the report, game on :cheer:

Good to see some positive feedback.

Id also like to extend a further thanks to Lemax, not only for sponsoring this comp, but also for being so flexible.

The winner will actually be contacted by the Lemax distributor and you will be able to choose your own specs for the prize rod.

I think this really is a massive plus allowing you to truly personalise your winnings.

Hopefully with both the Swap meet and State Of Origin in May there will be no shortage of reports. :)

Bring it on.

P.S. The panel of judges will be made up of Admin and un bias outside parties.

Mods can enter this one as they will have no say in the judging.

Cheers.

Angus

Ahh this just keeps getting better by the minute. I thought the mods might have been involved in the judging which would mean they'd be excluded from participating but they aren't judging so hence, they can submit reports too which is good. Judging by posts alone, the mods on this site seem like really cruisy blokes who are both knowledgable and passionate about fishing (along with a lot of the members too). Look forward to seeing the reports come in from such ones!

Bloody great idea that, those rods look pretty classy too.

Yet another good excuse to get out and have a fish.

I enjoy writing the report after a good day almost as much as catching the fish and reading a good report makes you keen to go get some fish yourself.

Cracking stuff Angus.

Rocket

dhess wrote:

Rocket, I a nominate you to be the inaugural Lemax fishing report competition winner. I mean how on earth can any report compete with photos of dolphin inflicted injuries? :side:

Hahaha i second that :P

Peaceful mammals indeed.

Angus

Sounds like a bit of fun. I am always keen to take a few pics but never been to good on writing but I will try and stretch a few out to 500 words. This could make fishing that little bit more interesting. I am looking forward to seeing all the reports coming in

this is a great sounding comp and one i think will benefit the site in a big way with people being more eager to make reports no matter how big there trip was, also a massive thanks to lemax for coming aboard with this as these are definatley no el cheapo rods thats for sure! cant wait!

Angus wrote:

dhess wrote:
Rocket, I a nominate you to be the inaugural Lemax fishing report competition winner. I mean how on earth can any report compete with photos of dolphin inflicted injuries? :side:

Hahaha i second that :P

Peaceful mammals indeed.

Angus

can someone add the link to this report?? I must have been away when it was posted. Sounds hilarious :cheer:

Hey guys

Ben from Lemax here, thanks for all the positive feedback regarding Lemax getting involved in the comp. I agree with the comments that the comp is original and fantastic for everyone... in my view a) it's always great reading reports that people put in and B) I think this is good because photo comps tend to be overshadowed by whoever gets the biggest fish... it's hard to award someone's PB 35cm flatty first prize when there's a 45cm bream and 25kg spaniard in the line up. This way the variables are increased - writing and photo quality are thrown into the equation with the fish caught - which increases the opportunity for different people to collect.

Regarding the rod choice for competition winners I need to clarify one thing - the winner can choose the Blue Mountain rod they want but only up to the 6'6" model. That still offers four models for people to choose from - yak size 5'0", 5'6", 6'0" and 6'0". The reason for this is that I will be sending it via Australia Post and longer rods will require me to freight it instead of post it which will cost a small fortune from Perth! When the rods start to get out into the Qld market then we can probably look at rejigging it and coordinate pick-up from one of the tackle stores selling them.

That brings me to my last point - Lemax aren't currently for sale in Queensland. Over the past few months we've been trying to get our name out there through various online advertising, most specifically here (now) and through the Qld pages of Seabreeze. I'm coming over this weekend to meet a few tackle stores and show them our wares and hopefully things will start from there. I'd really appreciate if you could learn this line to repeat next time you're in your local tackle store "hey are you guys stocking any of the Lemax rods that I've seen advertised on AFO and Seabreeze lately?" ;) . Also if you're from a Brissy tackle store and reading this post PM me now and I'd love to catch up with you this weekend - I'm over Saturday (25th) to Monday (27th).

If anyone here puts me onto a store and something comes out of it I'll work out a prize for that effort... rod, charter, something like that. Especially if it's before this weekend!

This post is long enough, thanks for your support and cheers to Angus and his crew for an innovative and original competition, website and community.

Tight lines

Ok its kicked off.

Already one nomination in the bag.

Please make sure, just like the FOTM section that you use the correct format for nomination submissions. Discussion should be done in the report itself to save the nomination thread becomming cluttered.

Angus

awesome idea to get more quality reports!!!!! :) :woohoo:

i like nothing better then hoping afo and reading a great report with quality pics, this will inspire people to create quality!!!

cheers to lemax for putting a great prize up for grabs with personal choice B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Davo_Dinkum wrote:

i got a question about this .

once a report has been nominated once by one person .should it be nominated again by another person.

if i read a report and think i nominate that and some1 else all read has i don't bother cause it's all ready there.is that right or wrong .

Guys multiple votes dont count towards the final decision. Although it doesnt hurt to let the judging panel know whats is popular.

Ben from Lemax and I knock heads to decide the winner based on a few criteria though not the number of votes. Once again, things thats are heavily weighted are:

Quality of writing.

Quality of fishing.

Quality of information.

Quality of photography.

Is the article generally interesting and entertaining?

An article can win without some of the above, but obviously those that take the time to do more will have a better shot.

Angus

Archived