Stolen Fishing Rods

sam@2bentrods.com.au

G'day guys,

Last week around 14th/15th we had 23 (that's right 23) Rod and reel combos stolen from our place at Camira.

There was 18 Alvey combo's with the 7' general purpose rods and the 500b easy cast reels along with 5 different Diawa combo's. We use these for our practical lesson on the beach with the kids

Due to the fact that they were not locked up, no insurance.

If any of you guys come across anyone selling an unusually large amount of second hand rods and reels can you please let me know.

that sucks guys ,sorry to hear about it.

if i hear or any mates hear about any1 selling a heap of rods/reels will check it out.

i don't u will find the at the local pawn shops .check out the ones a bit further away moorooka, sunnybank etc.

i don't think any1 is stupid enough to flog em off all at 1 spot so will make it harder to track down.

mite even be worth keeping an eye on the trading post and ebay too.

anyways thats all i can think of ,good luck guys getting them back.

sam@2bentrods.com.au wrote:

G'day guys,

Last week around 14th/15th we had 23 (that's right 23) Rod and reel combos stolen from our place at Camira.

There was 18 Alvey combo's with the 7' general purpose rods and the 500b easy cast reels along with 5 different Diawa combo's. We use these for our practical lesson on the beach with the kids

Due to the fact that they were not locked up, no insurance.

If any of you guys come across anyone selling an unusually large amount of second hand rods and reels can you please let me know.

sorry to hear about the loss. that is horrible especially for the kids. is this a non profit organization? we do that for the kids here and we'll usually go to tackle stores and ask for donations. sometimes they donate rods and reels for the kids to use. nothing great but its good enough for the kids. and because it is donated the stores write them off on their taxes. hope u find those sneaky @ssholes. good luck dude

Mongrels... Thats a pointless theft. I doubt cash convertors would even give them more that acouple of bucks anyway.. Sorry to hear that mate.

Set it up again and do a stake out on it incase they come back.. Then when they do, flog the absolute f*ck out of them.. I may or may not have done that once to teenagers for spray painting my fence.

Thanks all,

The response has been overwhelming. We wouldn't feel right accepting the generous donations that you guys have offered but we may need to borrow/loan some equipment for a week or two while we restock. We'll have a look at what we need for the near future and let you know.

Thank you all once again and please let us know if you see something suss.

Archived