Surface poppers

Fosh n Chops

G'day all!

I was up at Noosa on the the weekend and popped into Davo's (Complete angler) to get some local knowledge. I have never used a surface popper before, honestly I never really thought of using one. I was told to give this certain type of popper a go and I wouldn't be dissapointed. I had a little lesson on how to retrieve them and away I went for a bit of a flick with it.

I was just walking up and down the little bay i was in then the popper just suddenly got engulfed, followed by a massive splash and tail slap then off goes my drag. I was only using light gear so took my time bringing it in...

Once landed I had a grin from ear to ear.. My PB taylor, I was stoked! :woohoo:

[img size=453]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/big_taylor.jpg

Phwoar.... you're frikking joking. Man I've been trying for AGES (read ~12 months) to catch a decent fish on a popper. You've just picked one up and hammered a massive tailor on your first go... well done mate.

oh yeah... what was the popper the did the damage?

I think it was called a hum bug. Its gold down the sides, black on top with a red front. Well It was nice and shiney when I got it now its covered in scrathes and dints from those nasty jaws.

I had something else big follow it in too, It looked like a queenfish, can you get them around noosa?

Man nice tailor on the popper. that will be a tuff PB tailor on popper to break. yeah if you reckon you saw a queenie following your popper than it propably was they are in the river in good numbers.Plenty of big trevs cruise the river it could have been a trev as well that followed your lure or just another huge tailor. cheers for the report.

Archived