NP Dam 15th June with Ray & Boydy.

Angus

What an awesome day.

Glassed out.

Good mates.

Some good fish.

Plenty of red claw.

Could a NP day be any better? Well I could have got more than 1 35cm Bass but hey, I enjoyed it!

Picked up Boydy early on and we sped to the ramp. Met Dino there for a yarn before Ray turned up. Stroke of 6 and we were away.

Can I stress again, perfect conditions. It could not have been calmer with a nice light mist hanging on the water.

First stop, Red Claw traps.

According to Ray the traps were a little light on, but for anyone that has seen Rays version of light on, the 2 NP newbies were very pleased with the result which double as tonights dinner!!!

Picture: Ray & Boydy enjoying the serenity.

. [img size=400]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/1-b2af4bf9797e40d18a7e5afd77c27b26.jpg

post-63-144598497649_thumb.jpg

Angus wrote:

According to wife that is my normal look.

The only pots that did ok for redclaw were in between 25 and 30 feet of water anything shallower were either empty or only little ones.

Think it may be time to try another spot.

Lost most of our shrimp on the way back to ramp as I forgot to change water frequently. We were lucky to save about 12. Lesson learnt till next time.

Thanks for the company we will just have to keep on perservering till we find the fish on the chew.

Cheers

Ray

Looks like a great day. Love the picture of the sunrise!

straddiebrad wrote:

mate those red claw look great i have asked before do u need a permit to go on the dam for red claw.brad

You need the NPD permit to take a boat on the lake, regardless of whether you are just going for a ride, fishing or red claw'ing (<-- New word for NPD trips :D). However, I think with just a normal SIP permit, you could throw pots out from the banks.

maxi wrote:

great trip fellas.... u will nail them big time one day ray ...

so how good are those redclaw on the palate ... ??? ;) :laugh:

Maxi

Mate they are great on the chew. Boydy and I are both trying differnet pasta recipes tonight and will post the picstures in this thread.

Angus

rayke1938 wrote:

Hate to be a skite but our boat was the only one to catch fish today.

Purple blitzbaga did the trick for Boydy on the way back. Gave him a bit of curry on 4 lb line and foul hooked in the head.

We just got out as it started to rain and thunder.

Cheers

Ray

Glad you named the lure.

3 lures were out, and only that one got love.

Angus

Archived