NPD nearly OK

Dinodadog

Thank goodness the water out at NPD looks like it is very slowly clearing. I hit the water at 6am this morning and trolled all the way to the far boundary for not one touch, lucky I had a few shrimp and a couple of small redclaw in my traps and with the help of a couple from faulked, I managed to get 6 bass on shrimp. These were mostly small bass, but wallyfly who was close by snagged a 51cm on bait and another small one. Bit more luck on the lures on the way home I had a ridgeback out one side and a spro 70 out the other when whack off goes the spro as I am reaching for it the ridgeback goes off, I grab the ridgeback to set the hooks and then go back to the spro and 2 winds of the handle and its gone, lucky the other one stayed on.At this stage I put another ridgeback on to replace the spro. I done a circle and came back past the same spot and whack whack double hookup, small but a fish is a fish, then further along I got 2 more singles. So 6 on bait and 5 on ridgebacks. Not even one on s/baits boo hoo.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

1st on ridgeback [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd_18_6_001.JPG

It was a AFO day on the dam today only 6 anglers and all AFO members shame that only 2 of them caught fish but any day on the dam is a good day.

We didnt get there till nearly 8am trolled down to our pots which were a bit light on. Could be that they hadnt been looked at since Monday and no bait was left in most of them.

Bait fished near the island and then moved to the marker float where Angry Salmon got bricked by a good fish and then trolled our way back where I had a good hit on a blitzbagga but fish got off after a few seconds.

Looking forward to tomorrow hopefully a earlier start will make a difference.

Cheers

Ray

Good work Dino... I was going to comment that I have not seen many of your trade mark Bass with spinners hanging out of their mouth of late..

Seems to be abit harder going up at the NPD of late. Haven't been in 3 weeks due to uni exams and a trip to the Tweed. Will be back into it next weekend so hopefully the fish come to the party.. Well done for being one of the select few to get fish.

After spending so much time fishing from the bank with s/baits it was a little hard getting used to casting them to the bank again, but before the water got dirty I was nailing a few 1st up in the mornings casting between the trees in the water and keeping them midwater slowrolling back to the boat and on the steeper banks casting to the edge and every couple of cranks a pause to let it dropp a few feet. I luv s/baits.

Dinodadog wrote:

After spending so much time fishing from the bank with s/baits it was a little hard getting used to casting them to the bank again, but before the water got dirty I was nailing a few 1st up in the mornings casting between the trees in the water and keeping them midwater slowrolling back to the boat and on the steeper banks casting to the edge and every couple of cranks a pause to let it dropp a few feet. I luv s/baits.

I've got a few new ones to show you Dino. Designed to fish fast and not rise in the water column. ( clever design )

Archived