Yella Yella NPD mid day

Dinodadog

Was to be a rest day today but after looking at the weather for the rest of the week decided to head out to the dam for a middle of the day session. Passed Ray and Feral on there way back to the ramp and they mentioned it had been a hard day. How right they were, I was nearly at the last bay before I picked upmy first fish another big yella not quite as big as yesterdays but boy was it yella. LGM will appreciate the colour as he is used to looking at those pale nearly white ones from out Chinchilla way. :laugh: I then managed to pick up 3 bass from the bottom bay before heading home. All fish on the new Napjaru rattlers. Bass were all around the same size 38 to 40cm. Wallyfly picked up a nice bass today no doubt he will be eager to post his own story.

Fish while you can

Dinodadog

my yella yella [img size=448]http://www.australianfishing.com.au/media/kunena/attachments/legacy/images/npd30_6_001.JPG

As Dino mentioned I was lucky to pick up a bass on the first reach from the ramp. Got him on the new Black Ghost I received last Friday. Fish has been photographed and is 54cm with the tail flat , not squeezed. I'm still having comp troubles with pics but I'll post it as soon as the nerd fixes my problem. Sorry fellers. Got a bucket of redclaw that totalled 20 crays. Huge buggers , should eat well. My better half will cook them as a mornay which is delicious.Yum!!! Tight Lines. :cheer: :woohoo: Ian

With the Condamine camping trip cancelled at last minute and the ute loaded up I decided to give the yak its inaugural trip to NPD.

Well it looks like I have to be in a boat to catch a fish there.Trolled all over the place and bait fished for an hour or so and not a touch.

Feral also decided he needed a fishing fix and turned up at the right time with the kettle steaming so a nice cup of hot coffee served.

I then started trolling again and close to the island i learnt not to go too close to floats as i tangled a floating rope around my prop.

Fortunately feral was within shouting distance or else I had the prospect of pulling up the trp or operahouse pot and paddling to the tip of the island where I could get off the yak and untangle.

I then resumed trolling and just got into the long straight and realised that my new 50a/h battery was losing power.I am going to do a load test on the battery as it should have lasted a lot longer as I was only trolling on first setting and battery should have lasted all day with it only powering a 28lb motor.

Feral came to the rescue and helped me change over to my spare battery on the water saving me having to go bankside to change over.

Lesson learnt will now have both batteries together and changeover switch mounted in reach.

Ferals daughter Erin was really chuffed at having to rescue Grandad twice and on returning home missus said that I was keeping up the captain catastrophe tradition.

:blush:

Made it back to the ramp on spare battery which was reading 12.3 v after running flat out all the way.

Met up with Feral and Graham Pflaum was also there after his first trip for a couple of months. He had a good feed of redclaw and one nice 40cm bass caught on troll.

Still enjoyed day even though fishless and also learnt a few more things about yaking.

Cheers

Ray

Archived