N.P.D 25 July 09 Report and Pics

Rocket75

Jason (faulked) and I were at the gate for opening time, had a chat with Graham and John then made out way onto the frosty waters.

I didn't have much confidence considering recent reports and catch card contents, but as eternally optimistic fishermen, we were there to give it a crack.

Took quite a while for the first fish to make an appearance, but when it did, Jason welcomed it with open arms. A fat little bass, it went hard on light line and a trolled SPRO, on the measure he was just over 40cm.

npd250709_001.jpg

to be cont

Another 1/2 hour later I was on the board with a smaller model of the same species (approx 30-35cm)

Lots of water later I caught my second fish of the day, a very "bass" looking yella that hit a slow rolled Napjaru that I was casting more in hope than anything while we soaked some shrimp.

npd250709_005.jpg

Was great to catch a native whilst lure casting, as it had been quite a while since I last managed one other than on the troll or bait.

Saw a few feral pigs today down near the limit of fishing boundary, Jason was keen to go catch one, but lucky for the oinkers we are not allowed to access any of the shoreline.

Managed a few good redclaw from the traps, and made our way back to the ramp.

Catch cards for the week show that less than a dozen fish have been landed, so our tally of 3 for the day seemed pretty reasonable.

Great morning on the water yet again Jase, appreciate the invite.

Thanks for reading peoples.

Rocket

i have to say those piggies looked very inviting i might have to go for a wander with the dog down there one of these days on land of course no dogs allowed on the dam :(

what a loverly day we had on the water seabreeze looked scary at first but it was well worth it with glassed out conditions for the first part of the day then a cool breeze as it heated up

as allways thanks for the company rod your allways a welcome decky

sorry emp no weight loss here just better camera angles

Well done fellas,I checked the previous days cards when I got there and the fish were scarce so you have done well.

I managed to get on the water around 7am(had a crap load of trouble trying to figure how to ratchet strap my kayak down on the excel).Did a 40 minute kayak.Trolled to see how I would be able to handle the fishing side of things.I felt confident enough but got a bit uneasy when I headed out from the sheltered area and had a stiffish sort of breeze to contend with.Decided to head back to the sheltered area for a while then packed up and left.

After possibly finding a car,it should be easier from here on in to transport the yak so may take it down to the Pine and see how it handles the salt in the near future.

Hulk

The little red tackle box on wheels (Lanos) takes one yak pretty easily. I stopped using ratchet straps as I haven't found them necessary. I picked up a set of straps from peppertown on sandgate road which are quick and easy to use. I'm going for a paddle Wednesday, I'll post a picky and brand name then.

Archived