Baroon Pocket Dam Montiville.

Angus

Would anyone be keen for a Sunday trip up to Baroon Dam sometime soon. It only takes 1 hour and fiftenn and its stocked with Bass, Yellowbelly and Mary river Cod. Natually occuring you have Spangled perch, Eel tailed Catties and eels.

Las ttime i was there you could see fish everywhere. And people were catching plenty of decent Spangels although not many people were fishing. Its a kick ass setting anyway for a chilled out lake day. Nice and green as well. Has better scenic value in my opinion than say Wyvanhoe.

Mate land based many many option with numerous creek mouths etc to fish. Lots of drops off as well.

I will take my Shrimp traps, but will also try some SP's for the larger guys like bass and yellows. Knowing the way Spangled Perch smash hard bodies as well and as they are prolific in there this would also be likely.

Troy and Mat are keen for this as well so we could a sweet day of it.

Cheers.

Angus.

SOUNDS LIKE A KICK ASS IDEA, we should have a BRISBANE RIVER CLASSIC get togeather, also im keen to try northpine dam in the up comeing holidays, i know dam fishing sucks in cold months but we shall see how we go

dave

Post edited by: BIG DAVE 1, at: 2006/05/09 14:02

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah will do Feral.

And yeah i was aware no lead.

I have seen a few decent bass caught there. And wouldnt mind a 45cm specimen! But yeah i think with a small impoundment like that we shouild be encouraging C&R.

Angus.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived