soft plastics on barra

bedehunt

How ya going guys just after some advise on soft plastics, im heading up to Normanton in the gulf in 2 weeks time for some barra fishing and hunting, ive only used hard bodied lures up there before, but wouldnt mind trying some soft ones on em seeing as its a bit colder as we usually go up later in the year, cheers

Gday Mate.

Glad to hear that your heading to Normanton. I lived there and fell in love with the place. Plastics work a treat up there. They do how ever get a bit torn up so make sure you use quality jig heads etc i found that white/red or pink are the colours to use espescially when the prawns are thick... If you have a boat you should be in with a chance!i find up the Norman fishes a lot better then down river, If you go up river try the 3 and 4 mile. I found the best bait was live fresh water perch or cheribun (fresh water yabbies). There is a perfect little causeway on the road to croydon its tidal so when its got some water use a tiny hook and some smalish bait and you will get a heap of live perch.. Too many rocks to throw a net around that spot though. You probably already know all this but i thought id let ya know anyway. Check out karumba as well also has great fishing as you probably already know. And of course have a beer at the Albion hotel. And tell them Matty from GSRA sent yah..

Make sure to pack a golden bomber.. You probably have a heap of em waiting to get boofed!

And i reckon the Horny toads with weedless jig heads would get smashed as well..

Let me know how it all goes mate look foward to hearing from yah

Matty

if ya hunt with dogs mate just run em in kurumba at night,the bloody pigs root around in peoples rubbish bins and knock em arse over all the time...i remember the old copper up there would drive around at night in the patrol car shooting the things with the police revolver...dunno how he got away with it but he did lmfao

you will find plenty of dirty women in the animal bar, buy em a few drinnks and your in for sure haha. Delta downs is where all the pigs are mate. You'l Need permisson as it is on aboriginal land, the station managers name is Fred Pascoe. You shouldnt have a problem getting on there.. Are you boxing? or just trophey pigging? Once you get past the suckers there a heap of big fat bores and sows arround.. Its a million acre property so i guess there should be lol. Good luck mate cant wait to hear how ya went.

i think the boxs are closed at the moment, which sucks cause me mate just got accredited for the trip but not to worry, its good just to give the dogs a good work out,king prawns 12 bucks a kilo at kurumba at the moment should be good, ill let yas no how we went

Archived