Kooka -Sun morn 25/2/07

Lozzel

I arrived at kooka at arround 3.15am, Met Oztrav set to pack gear into boat (Travis left his rods at home). While waiting for trav to get his gear casted for bait and launched boat.

Jeff f arrived we had a chat and trav returned, set off to SPOT X .Got more bait (large boneys & Hering).Put out line with small livey. While baiting big gear with a 30 cm boney light line takes off , hooks not set. put both lines out.Lost some baits to crabs & catties.Big rod(with the 30cm boney) went off just after 6 am ,good run but could not set hooks.Quit a few runs after that with the same result.

Oztrav is an expert at catching Catties(9 or more i think) At least he was hooking something.

JEFF F done well as usual (good going mate). Bullies in boat and a couple of eels.It superies me how 2 boats so close together using same baits etc 1 gets the fish & hookups and 1gets BUGGER-ALL.

Might be moving house over the next couple weeks ,so Kooka and fishing will have to wait.

Thanks Travis for the morning will do it again.

yes it's funny that laurie, i boated 3 bullies, had another self release at the net, dropped ,bit off or busted off 5 more. one bust off was on 20kg line and a 30cm boney bream just completely smoked. lost most of my 2 dozen liveys to crabs managed to get the landing net under one dumb crab a 16 cm buck,dinner.

at least half of the runs i had were on pike eel fillets.

took great delight in making sure all the water skiers saw the bullies as i went back to the ramp:evil:

trav and loz could be heard killing them self laughing at the noise as i bashed pike eels to a pulp against the rail :P ,putrid things.

managed to fillet one without touching it with a large knife and a pair of multi-grips, thank god for multi-grips even managed to bait hook with out touching the foul crap. first thing i caught on pike eel was another bloody pike eel:pinch: more bashing, more laughter from across the water.

all bullies seemed to be same year class at 80 cm,except maybee the one that smashed me up.

werewolf wrote:

nice jeff, nice work

I think you are gunna have to get yourself a youbeaut fishing camera though or risk losing karma:whistle: (jokes!):P

nah got witnesses wolfie

besides cant buy anythin'with karma

but i'll buy a camera as soon as i can afford a waterproof one that floats after what happened to my last one:pinch:

werewolf wrote:

Ouch Jeff! :pinch: I take it your camera had a swimming lesson?:S

I just bought myself a cheapie 4MP Kodak today. My old man is reposessing what used to be my fishing camera lol for his long service leave trip so I needed a replacement quick as the 2MP in my phone is rubbishB)

yes one rather expensive cannon underwater camera that unfortunately didn't float went over the side on the roy roufous artificial reef. straight down amongst the sunken trawlers and timber barges never to be seen again:(

Angus: My mate Peter.

He got sliced open (gash about 5cm long or so?) by a pike eel when it attacked him. Not to mention the numerous other teeth marks all around that area.

Now I want to go to Kooka park!

Edit: Jeff, if you ever go again mate could you do us a favour and take a couple of garbage bags to put those pikies in. I'll pick them up from you;) That is if you don't use them

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/02/26 22:04

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/02/26 22:05

Feral wrote:

blue_mako wrote:
Lol. That number of undersize crabs you caught seems to change everytime you say it Jordan :P .

Troy

Bit like the number of fish caught at AFO meet and greets! The memory grows fonder and more generous with the passage of time!

Well thats fishing :P

TerryH wrote:

Angus: My mate Peter.

He got sliced open (gash about 5cm long or so?) by a pike eel when it attacked him. Not to mention the numerous other teeth marks all around that area.

Now I want to go to Kooka park!

Edit: Jeff, if you ever go again mate could you do us a favour and take a couple of garbage bags to put those pikies in. I'll pick them up from you;) That is if you don't use them

Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/02/26 22:04<br><br>Post edited by: TerryH, at: 2007/02/26 22:05

yeah i can do that fror ya terry, as long as you dont mind the pointy end being a bit battered.

has anyone ever tried them in a crab pot?

yes it was a good morning and quite amusing watching jeff go off at the pike eels and swearing with a smoke hanging out of his mouth. Jeff thanks heaps for the feed in laws loved and lozzel thanks for the ride woulkd definately like to come out again once you get your living arrangements sorted.

Archived