damn you fish god! damn you!

James W

By the the time i got home yesterday i made the decision to hit skirmish point on bribie (surf, well sort of:P )....greeted with a farily stiff south easterly and a handfull of pillies i began the hopless task of getting my bait out....:angry: ....not a good start...walked up and down the beach for bout 2 hrs trying to get a bite at least!...not a touch....:huh:

so i was on the way home and thought to myself..\"stuff it\"...i went to bongaree jetty to waste the rest of my pillies...i was greeted there by some dero askin me if i had a dollar!...told him to ask his parents....out going tide andi began cating these pillies out in the passage....no wind but a good current was happining but that was ok....pickers were there..better than the surf side i guess....deros making one hell of a ruckus on the other end of the jetty....i was that age once i guess too....i was starting to think that no one had prayed to the fishing gods for me:huh: ....finally a bite with some grunt and a kick on the end of my line....hooray!...a undersize grassy sweetlip...and that was as fishy as this trip went!....my drought still continues:pinch: . i do have a pic and will post by friday...but its nuttin good to gawk at...i dont know what i have done wrong to upset the fish gods?:unsure:

maybe this weekend.......

i never swam naked (in a river geez man theres sharks!!!) never kissed a catfish or bought anything from an aqurium but seriosly how could that not work???

Its a definate winner on the other hand if you get really desperate buy as bag of squid and let it sit in the sun all day then go catch some catfish

jimmybob wrote:

tim.....as the \"plan\" was the surf..i was armed with a pole vault of a rod:P and gangs with 8 kg line...a bit of over kill to dangle under the jetty for bream i reckon...but if i had my flick stick, yes im right with ya there on that on timbo....

hehe pole vault. Didn't think of that part.

And sheesh I know what mean about those local deros! That and the fact that there are more pensioners there than blades of grass are the reasons I wouldn't wanna live there!

Oztrav wrote:

i think brian gave me some so its all good hey its still an out of the ordinary catch isnt it?

They aren't too uncommon of the jetty. Theres quite a few midgit versions under the jetty itself. Thats like the biggest I've seen there tho so good stuff jimmy!

Archived