Beer Batter

FREEWILLY

Personally with Bream I prefer crumbed and shallow fried. Nothing against bream when fresh, but if I am going to grill fish I like it to be fresh snapper or something like that. In saying that the humble old bream comes if trumps very very often if cooked right. I have heard people bag it out, but they are clearly ones that cant cook :P

Angus

Fish is cooked, the beer batter recipe was perfect, I didnt expect it to be that good.

I also made patato scallops with the flathead and my wife was sooo impressed I might get some tonight. :laugh: :laugh: or not :side: .

Thanks for that, I did put an egg white in as well, I think this is the way I will cook all my fish for the next few cook up's

Just a note to anyone else who see's this i skinned the flatty, first time ive done that too, and i think it took away the sort of pungent flavour flatty normally has, cheers all. Harry

mookystiks wrote:

Am having bream for dinner tonight boys, frozen & filleted from last friday.

Which do you think is best for bream?

Crumbed, Battered or grilled with garlic butter?

only fish i have had that wasn't good on the old bbq ,with garlic butter and onion.

was some cheap nasty mullet i bought once .

mullet can be good if smoked or its clean mullet .(think they are deer sea ones )

for me the pick it always on the bbq grilled ,and add some stuff.

unless it whiting or gar .luv them in a beer batter .

what dose the corn flower do .?

have heard or egg or a bit of self raising flour or baking power to fluffy the batter up.

not sure if it works never tried it.

but egg a good think u can dip the fish in egg the grill it with the butter and garlic and onion.

and tomato goes good too.

making me hungry this 1.

Archived