Sharks worth a crack

burger93

Fellas thinkin of heading down the pine tomzo for a shark sesh. I was just going to go off the bank at carshill hill there and float out a hole mullet but have tried this now about 5 times and got nothing but with the weather warming up maybe its worth it.Has any one else fished this spot before for sharks.If anyone one isnt doing anything tomzo i will most likly bedown there and your all more thne welcome to join me

cheers sean

burger93 wrote:

Does anyone no how to get the bait out into the river,When i tried yesty the bait wouldnt go out and when it did it just floated back into the bank can anyone help me gettin it out there .

cheers sean

Tide and wind, you need to know if its going in or out and have the wind in favour, well thats what I do, but I was not after sharks, but I get sharked at boggy creek often.

floating out a good size herring for flattie or whatever.

cheers

Try fishing the mouth of a creek or from a place like luggage point on an outgoing tide. Rather than use balloons try a small soft drink bottle or milk container(with some water in it), they sit better in the current. Your bait will need to be on the bottom though so you'll need to devise a way of breking it loose when your bait is in enough water. you could try tying it off with light line or even cotton. Hope that helps.

James

tiagra, in regards to bait size, i usually use a whole mullet on two 12/0 or 14/0 hooks with 100lb leader and 100lb braid on a big Penn overhead. have tried pike eel as bait, but have never ever had a touch on it.

Feral, not sure who Terry is, but where has he had luck with the sharking in the river? and what size are we talking? im looking for the noahs over 5-6ft.

burger93 wrote:

Headin back down again this friday to try for another bullie the weather looks good and got me self a little blow up boat to row the baits out haha could be an eye opener but worth another shot i rekon

cheers sean

Yeah, I always thought mucking around in little blow-up boats was a great way to attract the Noah's...good luck mate, be careful out there :lol:

Archived