SPGSFC open day

Brian D

Hi Guys

I'm organizing an off shore open day Sat 19/9/9. It is hosted by Southport Yacht Club and run by Surfers Paradise Game and Sports Fishing Club.

I am sad to say that all the deckie spots are full but if you have a game or sports boat and would like to be apart of the club or the open day please drop me a email to

fishing101@bigpond.com and I'll get you some additional information.

Alternatively have a look at facebook: Surfers Paradise Game and Sports Fishing Club

Hope to see you there!

i recommend going for a look at south port yacht club @ main beach, very nice facility with great waterfront dining as well. : note dress regs apply to enter the club so dont go in your stinky fishing shirt lol! tops place to suck up to the mrs by taking her to lunch and you get to perve on the beautiful boats in the marina at the same time lol

Yeah the club is rocking at the moment, might be the good management B) or the $5.5mil we have spent on the place since I've been there. One thing I am doing is bringing back some of the good old stuff, that's why I have been working on game fishing, power boating cruising, youth sailing and keel boats.

The next game fishing tournment is scheduled for March 2010 but I trying to get a 2 day black marlin event in place for December. It's a hit and miss thing with everyone getting ready for Christmas but I know the fish will be there so it will be fruitful.

If this happens I would love a couple of AFO teams to play ball. Anyone interested?

Archived