Boat buying advice

dan25

Hey guys

I know over the past ive asked alot about cheap boats etc, but ive been saving the past months for something good, and have worked out that i'll have $3000-$3500 to spend on a boat at the end of the year.

Ive really got no idea about boats at all, and dont know what to get, how old? and what kinda boats i would be able to get in that price range?

Mainly for fishing the brissy river around kooka park,karana downs, and the mouth. Also maybe the Coomera river here and there. Im interested in having something with false floor..

Sorry about all the questions ive been asking, im just curious to what on what kinda thing ill be able to get at the end of the year sometime.

Ive been saving for awhile and hopefully i can get something soon. :)

Thanks

Dan

mate for 3500 you will be able to get a great set up , trick is just dont buy the first thing you see , be patient and the one for you will show its self , there is alot of dodgy motors out there so be carefull with them, lift cowling and check the power head gasket, if there is any corrosion or bubbling along the gasket then avoid the motor , a sure sign that its full of salt , run the motor for more then 3 mins if possible, test drive the boat would be better to see if the motor over heats. dont just have a guy start it quickly and turn it off saying" see she runs fine " all so check the trailer out for rust and corrosion , check wheel bearing etc . if you would like dan , give me a yell and i will check them out for you , i got a keen eye for cracks in hulls etc i will hunt around for some closer to the end of year and pass on info for you, what are you after eg: length , v nose punt, punt , v hull , what size motor ?

that would be great wes, thanks for that. Seeing ive got no real idea for boats that would be a great help.

To be honest i'm not even sure what im after. something thats around the 3.5-4m would be good and id like it to hold up to 3-4 people but would probably ever only have 2 people in it.

I want atleast an 8hp, 10hp would be perfect. :)

Dan

a second hand 385 quiny expoler would be perfect for you ! nice wide beam of around 1.8mtrs very stable and able to carry 4 people in smooth waters with ease. would be able to find one about 5 years or younger for 3500 with probally a 9.9-15hp motor on it! will start searching for you!

Archived