How safe are brisbane river fish to eat?

dhess

It hasen't done me any harm yet - well not that I admit to - I make my call on where I catch them, what sort of fish and what that fish would be eating. I don't eat catfish, however, I would eat the smaller younger fish before I ate the older river dewellers. Thread fins, bream, flatties, squire, small sharks, tailor are all good by my thinking. If the fish are nomatic I judge they are good for eating. Your call.

By all reports the river is way better now compared to a few years back. I m unaware of any current warnings.

Have you tried MCDonalds - it is good for you now they have the heart tick of approval.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/03/14 19:15

40 odd years ago used to fish luggage point and sunken wall and used to catch a hundred or so bream. Never used to eat them but gave them to neighbours. I think they are still alive but i dont live there anymore. Last time i saw them they were old and wrinkled maybe that is from the fish. I think handleing them has also affected me i am also looking old but am too fat to have any wrinkles.

Ray

Archived