Sailing Job on offer

Brian D

Sailing Administrator

• Live the Life on the Water

• Exclusive Gold Coast Yacht Club

• Variety within the job

Established in 1946, Southport Yacht Club is known worldwide for its extraordinary sailing and motor yacht fraternities, award winning boating facilities and its incomparable exclusive waterfront dining. With the refurbishment in 2007 they have seen industry leading growth at the club and now have an exciting opportunity for a new member to join our Sailing division.

This role is all encompassing across two venues, accessible by land or water and involves the daily tasks focused on Keel Boats and Offshore events supplemented with In-shore events for Trailer Sailors, OTB Multihull and other classes. There will be a level of hands on training and development of new sailors.

You will have full autonomy in this role with excellent support from senior management and committee members.

To be successful you will have a passion for the Sailing, ideally with a background in event administration. You will need strong organisational skills, good communications skills and a drive to work through the many interesting scenarios that you will encounter each day. You will also have a boat license and other industry accreditations.

This is an excellent opportunity for somebody who is a seasoned sailor looking to plant their career into a well established and respected club. There are variations of the role based on experience. For further information on the unique role contact Brian Dawson on 07 555 26738 or email your resume and covering letter to payroll@southportyachtclub.com.au

AFO memebers can send me a PM

hi brian in response to your advert

i am a rya qualified dingy sailing instructor

i have trained handy capped kids to sail

i have done a large amount of dingy sailing in enclosed waterways in europe

i have a limited amount of experience in offshore cat racing '2 seasons out of hasting england'

however my organisation skills are about as good as a stoned gofer stuck in a goldfish bowl

my paprer work and accounts skills trully makes the above seem usefull

however if you want a qualified gardner who can sail call me in a couple of months when ive finished this block of tafe and ill pollish yer pansies for you

your sinningly

jason

:P

Dear Jason

Thank you for your application. Unfortunately you are not exactly what I am looking for however if it is OK with you I would like to retain your application for future reference. Should I ever need a stoned fcuked up mother who knows how to fist a barra I will give you a call. Never know what might turn up. :kiss:

I do wish you all the best in your future and hope that when you finish the garden at the physic hospital they actually return you to your room. :laugh:

shortie wrote:

whats the pay rate.]

Or should i be appling for the GM position

Shortie - it's not a rate of pay, I am prepared to discuss salary based on experience and usefulness to my plans. Besides that it is improper that someone personal $$ are discussed in such an open forum.

If you want my job - feel free to apply, I can't promise that the application will make it into Director Correspondence, but knock yourself out trying.

If there are any serious contenders out there please apply. The ad was in last Wednesday GC Bully and running again this Sat. It is also on YA site and YNZ site. This is a seriously good job for the right type of hardworking loyal person.

Sounds like a nice job Brian, but being an introverted landlubber who thinks sails are for woolworths parking lots I wont trouble your in tray!

However Anna is advertising for some mug to project manage the sell off of the state in the internal emails the last few days. Its another pay cut, (tells you how much they value the mug who applies) but I still reckon I would be more loved than I am at the moment!.

Gotta get a new job!

:side: Brian D wrote:

Dear Jason

Thank you for your application. Unfortunately you are not exactly what I am looking for however if it is OK with you I would like to retain your application for future reference. Should I ever need a stoned fcuked up mother who knows how to fist a barra I will give you a call. Never know what might turn up. :kiss:

I do wish you all the best in your future and hope that when you finish the garden at the physic hospital they actually return you to your room. :laugh:

OUCH :( my dreams are dashed if i could just get my shit together id jump of a building or something nah to hard back to neighbours

Archived