Why is my transducer ticking?

scrote

Gday AFOers

i just got a new and supposedly better transducer for my lcx25c sounder and the bloody thing wont stop ticking,my old transducer used to tick every now and then when the water was very dirty but this one seems to do it all the time,does anyone know why and can i stop it because it is driving me friggin crazy :S plus it has to be putting the fish off. :angry:

thanks

Scott :S

that pinging is the unit sending out a ping to the bottom, if in auto mode it will change speeds as it requires the appropriate gain or sensativity, if you go into the menu, look for a menu called ping speed then plus or minus it from there, but in auto mode, that setting is useless. and no. it won't put the fish off, that is in your head.

that sound is normal. Is the new tranducer a dual beam? the frequency could be a fair bit stronger aswell than the old one and the reason why you can now hear it working.

when I upgraded my transducer on my sounder I couldnt read the sounder I didn't know what I was looking at and I couldn't identify a fish show. I mucked around with the settings and I found that by reducing the sesitivity it cleared up the screen from any interferance and I slowed the scroll speed or ping speed down and the fish shows started to come up on the screen but I was getting not even a half of an arch wich represented a fish show so I tilted the transducer forward one click and now full archers occur on the screen with minimal interferance. Hope this can help ya out.

thanks for the replys guys,since i put the post up i have tried another trans the same as mine and although it still ticks it is only 1/10 as loud as mine,i tried playing with the sounders settings but it made no difference,i have read tonns of post on tonns of forums and everyone keeps saying it is normal,but i could hear it when the motor was going flat out,then to top things off i turned it on while in the middle of a good whiting bite on the surface to see if it would affect the fishing and in the 5 mins it was on and for the the next 5 mins or so after i shut it off we could only get the odd fish to follow the lure and the ones that did were spooked and not aggresive like they had been so whiting dont like the loud ticking,that was the straw that broke the camels back and i ended up fixing it the old fashioned way i ripped the rrs hole off and threw it in the bin and it aint ticking no more,put the old trans back on and have to put my ear up to it to hear it tick.

aaaaaahhhhhhhh the sounds of silience

Archived