upper albert river, luscome weir upstream

rumrunner

just a quick report:

i tried a few new spots again today upsream from the luscome weir in the upper alber river,

i tried an asortment of shallow to deep diving lures for the first two hrs with out a single touch! i could see carp around 50-60cm cruising the top of the water all day and was thinking i should have braught some bread but still persisted with the lures!

i also seen a dark colourd snake cruising accross the water directly towards where i was standing, luckily my son watches bindi erwin and she says to stamp your feet and they wont come neer! wel it worked a treat and he went along the bank out of sight.

i decided to move about 2-3 min after that! :blush:

i started working my way down towards the weir because i know i can get shrimp on the upper side ;) tried a few more lures on top of the weir with no luck while i waited for the shrip to fill the pots with again no more luck!

i pulled the potts and had about 20 or so shrip for the last 1hr dash before i had to pick up my son from daycare,

i headed back up to a spot i tried on the way down that looked promising!

i threw out a trusty shrimp on a sise 6 hook with a tiny sinker and a float approx 40cm from the hook sat down and plaid the waiting game,

there wasnt much action in the first ten min so i started playing with the depth of the bait by moving the float up and down, as soon as it got to 1.1mtr i was in the sweet spot and was landing rat bass on almoast every cast!

i proceded to land 7 bass in the 45min i had left and on my last luckey three shrip i landed a very fiesty 39cm model wich pulled me into a snag and gave me a game of tugofwar for a few min! the loomis and 10lb fins braid came out best bringing the fish up snag and all! :laugh:

that was enuff for me and i was off!

all fish were released! :)

lures used: all cheapies!

tassy devils, kakoda pro lipless crank baits, frenzy shallow divers and a few deep,

outback lures yabbie and chubby imatation.

not a touch on any of them! :S

heres a few pics

cheers Ian. 08122009413_Small.jpg

post-2165-144598512016_thumb.jpg

nice 1 :)

u know they stock the Albert with bass.

not sure if the do near the weir ,but right up where it begins .

darlingtion park area/ beaudesert area they do .

last time i was there the locals where telling be about it .

mate was there a week ago and they where stocking ,2000 fingerlings he reckons .

can't wait for a year or so .:)

wonder if they mover from there to lower in the river .

anyways nice pic's and fish and some helpful info too.:)

daveo: thanks mate yeah i knew they stocked up here someware but didnt know where?

wes: cheers man!

mick: the shade line is awsome i always go in the arvo! cheers mate!

Dazza and Brian: cheers guys! i agree with both of you there are better fish up and down stream! im just sussin the place out!

Matt: yeah i was thinking that when we were there! cheers!

natag, Dino, thetman: cheers guys!

cheers Ian.

Archived